Chevy makes bigger replacement side mirrors

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having read the 15 pages of Backup Camera thread (RIP poor solder!), I’m surprised this upgrade isn’t more popular (let alone the OP being so disparaged).

As the season has changed, I quickly realized how much I’m missing side mirrors that are heated. Having them larger and with turn signals seem like a nice bonus.

It’s great that these bolt right up. Thanks to the OP for confirming. As far as running the heater and blinker wires, does anyone know what might be involved? Is it something a car audio installer could handle well?

Looking at the manual, I see the under-hood fuse box has a spot for a mirror heater fuse. So possibly the defroster circuit may be wired up to that point? Thanks!

evolv said:
Having read the 15 pages of Backup Camera thread (RIP poor solder!), I’m surprised this upgrade isn’t more popular (let alone the OP being so disparaged).

As the season has changed, I quickly realized how much I’m missing side mirrors that are heated. Having them larger and with turn signals seem like a nice bonus.

It’s great that these bolt right up. Thanks to the OP for confirming. As far as running the heater and blinker wires, does anyone know what might be involved? Is it something a car audio installer could handle well?

Looking at the manual, I see the under-hood fuse box has a spot for a mirror heater fuse. So possibly the defroster circuit may be wired up to that point? Thanks!

I have the same questions. I got the oval mirrors from eBay and connected them to my car. The power mirrors worked but the turn signals didn’t. I also noticed that the oval mirrors were equipped and wired for heating. But I couldn’t tell if the heating worked when I connected them to my car. It could work if the fuse is installed in the fuse box, but I’m not sure. The port for the wiring harness had more pins than the wiring harness of my car, so I think the real mystery is the wiring harness. It looks like the diagram for the oval assembly includes a wiring harness, but I just don’t know if that will make the turning lamps and/or the heating element functional. So frustrating.

MSpark said:
I got the oval mirrors from eBay and connected them to my car.
Cool! New? Used? Are they painted? May I ask how much you paid?

I have to assume that the blinker and heater wires just aren’t there, and need to be run (from the fuse box, or ?). In my case, I would probably try to hire someone who knows how these are typically run, rather than try to guess.

Did you keep the oval mirrors on your car, or just had them on there for testing?

They were used from a white gas Spark:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-CHEVY-SPARK-DRIVER-DOOR-MIRROR-POWER-LH-SIDE-WHITE-W-TURN-SIGNAL-OEM/263900076394?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-15-CHEVY-SPARK-PASSENGER-DOOR-MIRROR-POWER-RH-SIDE-WHITE-W-TURN-SIGNAL-OEM/263900095155?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I didn't care about the color of the caps as they could be painted or replaced with painted ones. The oval mirrors were wired for the heating element and turn signals as the wiring ports had more pins than the original mirrors on my Spark. The problem is the connectors from my Spark did not have all the pins to match the pins in the oval mirrors. I think the heated mirrors might have worked because I noticed that my underhood fusebox had a fuse for heated mirrors, but I don't know. I just decided to return the mirrors because I couldn't get the turn signals to work without the proper wiring in my Spark.

I think the key is the wiring from the car to the mirrors. The GM parts diagram (link below) shows a wiring harness for the mirror assembly with a wiring harness that looks like it connects the heating element of the mirrors:

https://dz310nzuyimx0.cloudfront.net/strapr1/375bb2aff85468c3ec781fe69bb69b5a/fb63d1615fd67c0a868f1f2040ca77c0.png

But I think this wiring harness is for the mirror assembly and NOT for the wiring to the car. I think I'll have to get into the car's wiring harness to find out if the connector to the mirror assembly is just missing wires to enable the turn signals and heating element or something else. I may just buy the mirror assemblies from a shop to see exactly what wiring harness is included.

Oh, and I couldn't find a heated mirror switch for the cars that have these oval heated mirrors. It looks like the heating element is turned on at certain temperatures with the rear defroster switch. :?:

Did a bit of digging. Here's what I've found:

*These mirrors (power, heated, turn signal) were available on the 2LT trim beginning in 2014 as option code DLS.

*Folks on other GM forums have been able to do successful swaps on their vehicles (not Sparks) by also replacing the wiring harness that runs through the doors and connects to the mirrors.

*The only part numbers for harnesses that come up for me for cars with power locks and windows are identical to the EV's (95400060 and 95400070).

*I have not been able to find a harness specifically noting their compatibility with heated mirrors and turn signals.

*The heat for the mirrors kicks in automatically when the rear window defroster is on.

Hoping this might help get us a step closer to figuring this out.

I bought a set of mirrors from Australia, $225.00 shipped. Installed them for my daughter yesterday and did not realize she had manual mirrors.
I went ahead and put them on and manually adjusted them for her.

What are the odds that there might be a wire for the mirrors already inside the door. If so I could hook them up and purchase the toggle to run the mirrors.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

The only way to know for sure is to remove the door trim to see the wiring harness. If you have a harness that’s connected to the door electronics but wrapped at the connector you may be in luck.

Back