Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Back up camera?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:35 pm 

solder wrote:
Meanwhile, I'm still working on my own free/cheap/openly-documented/open-source/DIY solution (depends on what I come up with), and I promise not to be passive-aggressive about it (I am the aforementioned "one of us").

On that note, can someone try something for me? Tap on the upper-left corner of the screen real fast (10 or more times) until it says "Development Mode PW" on it? Then enter 56811, hit OK, and tell me what happens. Thanks!

Edit: if this does or does not work, please tell me your SW version from the settings menu. Mine is 16.31.

Good on yer, solder. Keep after it.
Your solution will not work for me as I use the OBDII port for Torque Pro.

-Bob K.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:21 pm 

sTeeve wrote:
solder wrote:
Meanwhile, I'm still working on my own free/cheap/openly-documented/open-source/DIY solution (depends on what I come up with), and I promise not to be passive-aggressive about it (I am the aforementioned "one of us").

On that note, can someone try something for me? Tap on the upper-left corner of the screen real fast (10 or more times) until it says "Development Mode PW" on it? Then enter 56811, hit OK, and tell me what happens. Thanks!

Edit: if this does or does not work, please tell me your SW version from the settings menu. Mine is 16.31.

Good on yer, solder. Keep after it.
Your solution will not work for me as I use the OBDII port for Torque Pro.

-Bob K.
Thanks! My solution might not involve the OBDII port, if I can figure out how to reprogram the head unit like Chris is doing and like the solution you posted does. (Chris's service is basically built into that box, along with an RCA connector for the video.) Or even if I can't; I could just tap into the CAN bus at the connector behind the radio, again like the solution you posted.

The password I posted doesn't seem to be version dependent, nor does it seem to work; oh well. Does anyone here know MIPS assembly?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:49 pm 

Did some more digging (and will verify) but it appears we can indeed add the video and pictures to the EV's as well as then unlock it in motion ;)

2015 Yukon Denali #1 Custom BCM/IPC/HMI
2015 Jeep SRT - Stock for a hot minute.
2016 SRX Premium - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:49 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:25 am 

::crickets:: :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 pm 

Well, anyway. Let me close the circle on this.

The developer password is 20110827. Here is a video that shows how to use it: https://vid.me/n6YW

There's a bunch of Russians actively working on various hacks for the mylink here: http://www.chevrolet-cruze-club.ru/foru ... 8&page=400

Likewise, a bunch of Brazilians are working here: http://clubedoonix.com.br/topic/12586-m ... e/?page=37

It's fairly easy to copy files off and off the head unit using Explorer, so in principle all we need to do is modify one of the EXE files and re-enable the video. The trick, of course, is doing this safely, because if you screw it up you might brick the unit. So I'd still love any help anyone can offer on e.g. running AppMain.exe off a USB stick (which shows up as MD in Explorer).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:07 pm 

solder wrote:
Well, anyway. Let me close the circle on this.

The developer password is 20110827. Here is a video that shows how to use it: https://vid.me/n6YW

There's a bunch of Russians actively working on various hacks for the mylink here: http://www.chevrolet-cruze-club.ru/foru ... 8&page=400

Likewise, a bunch of Brazilians are working here: http://clubedoonix.com.br/topic/12586-m ... e/?page=37

It's fairly easy to copy files off and off the head unit using Explorer, so in principle all we need to do is modify one of the EXE files and re-enable the video. The trick, of course, is doing this safely, because if you screw it up you might brick the unit. So I'd still love any help anyone can offer on e.g. running AppMain.exe off a USB stick (which shows up as MD in Explorer).

Outstanding, solder! This is way over my head but still most interesting.

-Bob K.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:40 pm 

Nice! Glad they still haven't changed the password hahah This would I guess explain why we get tons on inquiries from Brazil and Russia though, also explains why they are so far away from having anything thats working; they are approaching it like a PC ;)

Hint: WRONG SPOT ;)

2015 Yukon Denali #1 Custom BCM/IPC/HMI
2015 Jeep SRT - Stock for a hot minute.
2016 SRX Premium - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:46 pm 

GTPprix wrote:
Nice! Glad they still haven't changed the password hahah This would I guess explain why we get tons on inquiries from Brazil and Russia though, also explains why they are so far away from having anything thats working; they are approaching it like a PC ;)

Oh, so now we're forthcoming with the "hints"? :P

People make use of the knowledge, tools and approaches available to them. I'm still just getting started. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:35 pm 

GTPprix wrote:

Someone in Brazil observed the unlocking process in the Mylink and realized it is necessary disconnect cables to save any change in Devmode/explorer mode of Mylink . But which cables? battery ? data ? Or both ? Please could you suggest anything? I am interested in Mirrorlink function of Mylink.
Thank you

Update: A russian person wtih nickname Axiv got unlock mirrorlink function in MyLink radio. I tested and worked. See procedures on http://www.chevrolet-cruze-club.ru/foru ... count=4530

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next