Chevy Spark EV Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Back up camera?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:14 pm 

Reviewing my pictures above reminds me of a question I had. In the quarter panel picture if you look carefully where the folded rear seat back meets the wheel well you can see a little spring pin hinge thingy. If you fold the seat forward this device allows the bottom of the seat back to move up or down about 2 1/2 inches. I figured it must be some sort of seat-back release but couldn't figure out how it works. You have to give it a little pull to see that it moves. It snaps back into place when you make the seat vertical and push into place.

Maybe the shop manual talks about this or I missed it in the owners manual someplace.

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:37 pm 

If you compress the spring (push the seat towards the closest door), then that pin can slide up enough to eventually get to the top of the T shaped slot. Once it's out of the T slot, you have to carefully move the upholstered arm rest/air bag cover enough to continue lifting it up until the seat is at enough of an angle to detach the center section. The center of the two seat halves have a male and female pin and socket that go through the center bracket. It took me forever to figure this out (before the service manual was available), but now that I've done it it's a piece of cake. This is a situation where a video would probably be worth a million words...it's pretty obvious once you see it.

Bryce

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:17 pm 

Nashco,
Thanks, that did it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:14 am 

sTeeve wrote:
Meanwhile, during another lazy Sunday morning tea + YouTube couchsurfing session...

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT626/gm-k-prg.html

299 bones.

There's also a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ui2Tw1WZr0

-Bob K.

Update: I spoke with Jay at NavTV. His service is $299. He said they were "95% sure that it would work on the Spark EV". We arranged for me to purchase the kit; they charged my credit card but no package arrived.

Turned out they are not confident enough yet that the kit will work with the Spark EV; Jay had my package sitting on his desk, but he would not agree to ship it until they could test their kit on a Spark EV (to which they have access, he said, from a car rental place in Miami).

Sooooo.....I'm waiting to hear back from Jay before anything else happens. The refunded my money, so we're back to square one.

Jay's kit is different from Chris' in that he ships hardware to you that you install rather than you ship your head unit out to be reprogrammed. Of course, price is different, too.

Solder et al...keep after it! I really really really want this to succeed. I got spoiled by the rearview cam in my Leaf!

-Bob K.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:30 am 

Sure, please don't wait for me, I'm easily distracted :) I'm curious to see how well various approaches work, but I'm still hoping to come out with a free software-only solution. Eventually.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:16 pm 

sTeeve wrote:

This looks to be extremely similar to the HappyTV which I tested with Bernd. There were a few kinks that we worked through, and I helped translate an English manual (which I keep forgetting to mail to him). So far, the only remaining issue with the HappyTV is that when it is installed it prevents OnStar monthly diagnostic checks from completing (at all, for any system). If you don't care about the OnStar diagnostic capabilities, then it's not an issue. If you want to keep this functionality, which is included with your Spark EV for at least 5 years for free, perhaps longer depending on your model, then this may be a deal breaker.

The other difficulty with these systems is that they don't include a plug-and-play camera. Having to come up with your own power, ground, camera, etc. leaves several details to iron out which may or may not be correct. Having a plug-and-play setup would seem to add much more value than they would cost, in my opinion.

Bryce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:30 pm 

solder wrote:
Sure, please don't wait for me, I'm easily distracted :) I'm curious to see how well various approaches work, but I'm still hoping to come out with a free software-only solution. Eventually.

In that vain...
I'm currently using an Arduino Due with a toggle bit shield that I modified by replacing one of the regular can transceivers with a Freescale MC33897CTEF/R2 SWCAN transceiver. I'm able to read the SW bus:
Code:
ID: 0x10380099 Len: 1 Data: 0x1            Defroster on
ID: 0x10380099 Len: 1 Data: 0x0            Defroster off
ID: 0x102CE040 Len: 8 Data: 0x0 0 22 0 0 0 6 A0     P or N
ID: 0x102CE040 Len: 8 Data: 0x1 0 22 0 0 0 6 A0     D or L
ID: 0x102CE040 Len: 8 Data: 0x2 0 22 0 0 0 6 A0     Reverse

but can't seem to write to it. To send the turn on command, from your previous posts, I'm sending the following:
Code:
void sendCameraON(){
  CAN_FRAME outgoing;
  outgoing.id = 0x244;
  outgoing.extended = false;
  outgoing.length = 7;
  outgoing.data.s0 = 0xAE05;
  outgoing.data.s1 = 0x2020;
  outgoing.data.s2 = 0x0000;
  outgoing.data.s3 = 0x00;
  setSWCANWakeup();
  Can0.sendFrame(outgoing);
  delay(5);
  setSWCANEnabled();
}

The frame structure is different from the FlexCAN of the Teensy but you probably get the idea. I'm not sure of the terminology you posted:
Code:
 * >USDT 244(Radio(q)) 07 AE 05 20 20 00 00 00    DIAG (AE) DeviceControl(05)=[2020000000]
 * Then, as long as the car is still in reverse, send this every 1-2 seconds:
 * >USDT 244(Radio(q)) 01 3E 00 00 00 00 00 00    DIAG (3E) TesterPresent

I don't know what USDT, Radio(q) and DIAG mean. I'm still trying to figure out how PIDS relate to these CAN frames.
Any elucidation ?

FYI I'm using the circuit on the freescale data sheet for the transceiver and my own mods to due_can and don't have any problems with messing things up receiving. The response to shifting into or out of reverse is immediate, (in human terms). Have started playing with the Teensy 3.2, it's awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:30 pm 

bicycleguy wrote:
The frame structure is different from the FlexCAN of the Teensy but you probably get the idea. I'm not sure of the terminology you posted:
Code:
 * >USDT 244(Radio(q)) 07 AE 05 20 20 00 00 00    DIAG (AE) DeviceControl(05)=[2020000000]
 * Then, as long as the car is still in reverse, send this every 1-2 seconds:
 * >USDT 244(Radio(q)) 01 3E 00 00 00 00 00 00    DIAG (3E) TesterPresent

I don't know what USDT, Radio(q) and DIAG mean. I'm still trying to figure out how PIDS relate to these CAN frames.
Any elucidation ?

FYI I'm using the circuit on the freescale data sheet for the transceiver and my own mods to due_can and don't have any problems with messing things up receiving. The response to shifting into or out of reverse is immediate, (in human terms). Have started playing with the Teensy 3.2, it's awesome.

Awesome, I'm glad to have someone else is looking at this. I'd be happy to share my ugly Perl code that I'm using to decode these protocols :)

Sorry for being unclear. The packets that need to be sent are 8 bytes long .

ArbID=0x244, data is 07 AE 05 20 20 00 00 00
ArbID=0x244, data is 01 3E 00 00 00 00 00 00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:40 pm 

This more recent post:
http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4447

...talks about this car:
http://www.leggatchevrolet.ca/VehicleDetails/used-2014-Chevrolet-Spark-EV_2LT-Burlington-ON/2706941453

...which has a backup camera and turn signal repeaters in the mirrors.

So, I wrote an email to the dealer and got the VIN:
KL8CL6S01EC400054

-Bob K.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 pm 

Nashco wrote:
If you go to this website, you can see all of the calibration numbers for different parts of your car (kind of neat to see what could be reprogrammed in there):

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Important to note:

95300891 - Rear View Camera Calibration

Using this same website for the Canadian unicorn with the rear view camera (KL8CL6S01EC400054) yields this:

95405806 - Rear View Camera Calibration

Exciting! Now, to figure out how to get the radio programming changed...

Bryce

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next