anyone want to modify their blue interior trim?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My wife and I both leased Spark EVs. She got the blue and I got granite black. I knew beforehand that the interior only came in blue. But I want to know if anyone has done something about this with their Spark? It's really only a few small areas on the front doors and across the dash. I was wondering if anyone makes color stick on decals so I could make it all black? Or what if I put on window tinting carefully cut to size?(probably a tacky idea) I would just love to do something to subdue the bright blue pieces. I suppose I could just repaint it if I decide to buy the car outright.
Thanks for any tips!

We had the same concerns when we leased our Spark EV, but decided the blue wasn't that bad and could live with it.

I would change it if it was simple. I doubt I will do backflips to have a different color.

It DOES seem like a screwy idea to paint every car baby blue inside.

I'm hoping I can find a 2015 Spark EV buyer locally, once they've hit the lots, that wants baby blue interior trim. I'll convince them to let me tear our cars apart for a day and exchange the panels between the two. Alternatively, I'm pretty confident the non-EVs use the same panels for most of the stuff, so I could probably just trade with a gas Spark too. Not a high priority, but I'm not a fan of the blue interior.

Bryce

Tdk408 said:
I would change it if it was simple. I doubt I will do backflips to have a different color.

It DOES seem like a screwy idea to paint every car baby blue inside.
"Electric" Blue, not baby blue. Main reason mine is blue on the outside.

Back when the Volt came out, every one had a black roof and lift gate. I got a black one...

forestland said:
My wife and I both leased Spark EVs. She got the blue and I got granite black. I knew beforehand that the interior only came in blue. But I want to know if anyone has done something about this with their Spark? It's really only a few small areas on the front doors and across the dash. I was wondering if anyone makes color stick on decals so I could make it all black? Or what if I put on window tinting carefully cut to size?(probably a tacky idea) I would just love to do something to subdue the bright blue pieces. I suppose I could just repaint it if I decide to buy the car outright.
Thanks for any tips!
I know exactly what you are talking about, even though I am partially colorblind, the black and blue were clashing too much for me, that's why I got a white LT1 for myself and a blue LT2 for my daughter. Actually, considering swapping the seats so at least one car has somewhat consistent color scheme :?
Do you have tinted windows on your car? I found that bright blue tend to get a lot less bright with a dark tint. As far as modifying trim to another color to match, I believe that no matter what you do as a DIY it's not going to look slick enough to warrant the trouble and if you go to someone that does it professionally it will become a permanent modification = trouble at the lease end. Although... the answer could be a vinyl car wrapping companies, they do all kinds of odd shapes and sizes, so maybe they can produce something like that and you can easily peel it off at the lease end. I am assuming it's a 36mo lease, just try to live with it or start saving up for the lease buy out at the end which is a pretty bad idea to begin with IMO.

Does anyone have the silver interior trim part numbers? Thinking of buying those and swap out instead. My car is silver so the silver trim would be perfect. Otherwise I would have to pay someone to vinyl wrap it...

Back