Portable speakers for better audio. At least for me :)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparqi

ill share what im working on lately on improving the sound on the spark. maybe this might help if anyone is looking for an easy alternative to the stock audio, especially if leased like mine. ive been thinking about this before i scored a great deal on a used speaker on craigslist.

in a nutshell, i am using a portable bluetooth speaker, placed in the back, and operated via remote control. this is working right now, completely independent and sound is coming from the cargo area only with the cargo cover off. also, the speaker is secured by the cargo net for now. the speaker im using is a klipsch kmc 3 which is a monster in size and sound for a portable speaker (up to 140w and 105db). even in the back it can provide much better sound and decent amount of bass as well which we dont have at all to begin with :). the only downside to this speaker is the need for 8 d batteries if using it as portable. ac adapter is also included. if i stay this route, i have to buy a set of 8 d cells and a charger.

there are few possibilities that i have in mind to integrate this to the car system. im thinking of using one of rear channels (with a line converter) to aux in. also for power, im thinking of using an inverter and plug in the speakers using the power adapter. i gotta make sure this setup works before i continue. ill post updates when i have them. any other ideas or comments welcome.

p.s. ill post pics later since i just noticed that i cant use attachments.

it really isn't that hard to replace the stock speakers and restore them at lease end. Also it is possible to mount an aftermarket amp that is energy efficient and that can be installed without drilling

i completely agree, i actually would love to tinker with this but due to certain things including physical issues i have, ill stick to something temporary and portable.

it has been working great so far (and now i find the car speakers really lacking) and the next step i decided is to plug the speaker via inverter instead of getting rechargeables and having to remove and charge batteries. i figured this thing runs 65w to 100w normally and with my short drives, should not be much of a drain.

Back