195/55/15 Yoko S-Drives for $75/each!

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sv650john

Hopefully it's ok for me to post this.

I've been looking for a new set of shoes for my Spark EV, hard to find a deal on staggered sizes however.

I came across this deal, and I'm looking to split it with someone since I have no need for 4x rear tires:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-195-55-15-YOKOHAMA-S-DRIVE-55R-R15-TIRES-/310901801592?vxp=mtr&hash=item4863310278

These are 195/55/15 Yokohama S-Drives (rears), $400 minus $100 coupon = $300 for 4 tires, with no tax and free shipping. Split two ways, that's $150/pair.
Tire Rack sells these for $80 + $16.11 shipping. So this way we'd both be saving around $42 each on the pair.

Discount does not have 185/55 S-Drives for the front, although Tire Rack has them for $80.62 + $14.76 shipping each.

I'm in the San Diego area.

Let me know if you wanna split the deal with me and we can both save!

Thanks.

FWIW, you CAN run the 195/55R15 on the front wheels, if you want. I am currently running the same size tires (195/55) on all four (factory) wheels.

Bryce

Good to know that 195/55 will fit all around.

I almost ended up buying this deal right now, except I wasn't able to - my story:
1) Tried logging into ebay, forgot what my username was, and couldn't reset it... ok, no big deal create a new one.
2) Create new ebay account, oh wait, can't buy without a paypal account.
3) Create a paypal account, put in credit card info, get an error message "Account Limited".
4) Go into paypal, it needs me to verify my phone number... get a text, put in the code. Ok, all good.
5) Go thru ebay checkout for like the fifth time. Get the same error message. This is pissing me off now.
6) Finally find a phone number for Paypal, wait on hold for 30 mins, and finally get a human that tells me "You've been banned, you can never get a paypal account". I ask why? - No explanation given, and no f*cks given. WTF.
7) Goodbye. Not buying this anymore. F*ck you ebay, F*ck you paypal, I'm going to Tire Rack.

TL;DR - screw ebay/paypal, not worth the aggravation of dealing with them. If their idea of running a business is to turn away paying customers, I guess they don't need my money. They lost my sale today, and any future purchases I may have made with them in the future...

sv650john said:
Good to know that 195/55 will fit all around.

I almost ended up buying this deal right now, except I wasn't able to - my story:
1) Tried logging into ebay, forgot what my username was, and couldn't reset it... ok, no big deal create a new one.
2) Create new ebay account, oh wait, can't buy without a paypal account.
3) Create a paypal account, put in credit card info, get an error message "Account Limited".
4) Go into paypal, it needs me to verify my phone number... get a text, put in the code. Ok, all good.
5) Go thru ebay checkout for like the fifth time. Get the same error message. This is pissing me off now.
6) Finally find a phone number for Paypal, wait on hold for 30 mins, and finally get a human that tells me "You've been banned, you can never get a paypal account". I ask why? - No explanation given, and no f*cks given. WTF.
7) Goodbye. Not buying this anymore. F*ck you ebay, F*ck you paypal, I'm going to Tire Rack.

TL;DR - screw ebay/paypal, not worth the aggravation of dealing with them. If their idea of running a business is to turn away paying customers, I guess they don't need my money. They lost my sale today, and any future purchases I may have made with them in the future...

Ebay is the worst...and PayPal is even worse. Biggest scams around. Good for you for not using them anymore.

Nashco said:
FWIW, you CAN run the 195/55R15 on the front wheels, if you want. I am currently running the same size tires (195/55) on all four (factory) wheels.

Bryce

Really??? No rubbing in the front?

So what purpose do you think the staggering really has then?

Why 185's in front?? Better range and more understeer as needed for the 'typical' driver.

Back