Will this work? Fog lights

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked into this on the gasser Spark forum.
With that car you can install all of it but you have to pay a dealership to 'enable' the feature with a SW load.
Then it can use the provided stalk controls and a light comes on in the upper center display.
I haven't seen anyone doing this to the Spark EV yet. Is the wiring harness ready for it?

You first !!!

Of course you could install the lights and assembly and add you own dedicated wiring and switch. The stock setup is Fogs are on only with the Lo beams.
Legally a car should not have more than 2 lights a side on at the same time, so this would not be an issue with the Spark. Hi and Lo beams are the same lights.

I'd want to take a gasser out on a test drive after dark to see how effect these are as actual fog lights.
I heard some factory fog lights are mainly for show and don't really perform like fog lights.

I'm considering mounting dual lights, up by the grill like those Minis. Only I want one fog light and one old school driving light (a pencil beam that shines a mile!).
I need both functions. One at a time. Or both, maybe.
Only that would mean driving with 3 lights on at a time, which is also not legal....

There are many LED Fog Light options out there now. I don't know if you can get a good LED driving light.

Nashco said:
Gas Spark and Spark EV noses aren't the same. Those won't bolt in up front, if that's what you were hoping.

Bryce

Thanks Bryce, that's the confirmation I was looking for.

So, the GM parts direct lists the fog light kit as applicable to the 2014 Spark EV. What is the deal? https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-fog-lights-95940389

Misprint? Dealer install?

Misprint. The front fascia and underlying structure of the Spark EV are different than the gas Spark. The fog light parts won’t interchange.

Back