Original Ecopia 195 tires no longer available?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindsayNB

Am I right that Bridgestone no longer offers a 195/55R15 Ecopia tire? If so, what is the next best summer tire for maximizing range? I've got winter tires so what I need is summer or all season tires.

Thanks,
Lindsay

If you really only care about range:
Go as small as possible.
Get tires that allow 51 psi max.

I just put on a pair of Firestone Champion fuel fighters in the front, and so far I see no range degradation.

We went to the local Discount Tire location (https://www.discounttire.com/) and they could still get the original EP150 tires. They quoted us ~$250 installed & out the door.

We went with the Bridgestone EP422Plus. They were less expensive (~$230 OTD), had more tread, a better traction rating, speed rating and warranty (70k).

They had neither type in-stock, but both were available within 48 hours.

We got 22,000 miles out of the original tires. We only replaced the fronts. I doubt we'll EVER have to replace the rear ones.

I put the EP422+ on the front about 1000 miles ago. They felt a little weird for 100-200 miles, but then settled in nicely. Much better tire than the EP150 and should last a long time.

FWIW Costco has a buy 4 bridgestone tires get $70 off and $0.01 installations. I don't need fronts yet but I'm close. I purchased 4 EP422+ front tires online... I spoke to my local costco tire and they said it's fine if i want 2 installed in a few months and the other two installed in a year or two.

Paired the deal with a save $25 off $250 costco.com code i got from slickdeals which got me to $360 for 4x EP422 Plus's (front) tires with "future installation".

I figured i saved about $130 going this route rather than buying two sets of 2. Only thing is i gotta make space for them in the garage.

Back