Does The Ride Have To Be So Rough?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevelah

I love this car, except when I go over a speed bump or a rain gully. That is one uncomfortable experience. Now I can eliminate most all of the jostling by leaning forward in my seat so that my back does not touch the seat back. Then my upper torso just rocks back and forth as I go over the bump/gully. Is there any modification that can be done to the car so that I don't have to do this? Thx, Steve.

Stevelah said:
I love this car, except when I go over a speed bump or a rain gully. That is one uncomfortable experience. Now I can eliminate most all of the jostling by leaning forward in my seat so that my back does not touch the seat back. Then my upper torso just rocks back and forth as I go over the bump/gully. Is there any modification that can be done to the car so that I don't have to do this? Thx, Steve.
You could slow down. :D

Its funny because I never liked the 'cushy' rides of most traditional GM vehicles and love the sporty handling of the Spark EV. I guess each to their own.

To me even the Volt is too cushy and not sporty enough.

I also race cars on weekends and have always been an enthusiast who is more driven towards sporty suspension vs. mushy soft suspension. For example, I literally got sick with the mushy wallowing suspension of a brand new Lexus SUV that was a loaner car for 3 days.. and vowed I'd never own an SUV after that experience!

I'm not looking for mushy. I just want jarring to disappear. My body really gets thrown against the seat back.

Back