Brand new steel rims & winter tires ready 4 Canadian winter

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPL

wslgkfrt0w621.jpg

Rims: R15 from Canadian Tire
Tires: 185 60 R15 Extreme Grip Winter Claw from Craigslist

Originally got the tires with 15R rims but they are from a Toyota Yaris and the center hole is too small. Tried to make it bigger manually but the rims new was only $47 bucks.

Range down like 20%. Way better grip than the OEM utopian. However this year still no snow yet to test them. (Damn Fossil ICE cars)

Come on winter snow !!! :p
I wish I could justify getting a set up like this! But for some unexplainable reason winters are getting much milder... :roll:

If it was me, I'd spray the axle nut area and the rear hub centers with LPS 3 or Fluid Film to keep those parts rust free.

I bet your range gets better because brand new tires are the worst for measuring efficiency.

I'd also get a set of aero wheel covers, but that's just me.
Something like this old school aero: https://smile.amazon.com/Spun-Alumi...fkmr1&keywords=baby+moon+wheel+covers+15+inch
You'd have the most aero wheels on any Spark EV and it might even help you in the battle with deep snow,,, if you ever get any... :(

Yeah it's on my list the covers

Changing smile for www in you 'link:

"This item does not ship to Canada. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally."

Shop carefully. Those are old school and ask you to drill into the rims and attach the covers with screws.
Plus they probably won't work with 'high offset' wheels used on FWD cars.

Back