Fun with tires at Costco

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emv

Needing new front tires for my '14 Spark EV I started looking around on line. Lo and behold Costco still has 185 Bridgestone Ecopias. I have these tires on now and they're OK for me (much better that the Ecopia 110's that came on the car) so I had them order some and went in to have them installed this morning. Good thing I happened to peek at the installation bay after about an hour. They'd mounted the tires on the front wheels and were in the process of moving the rears to the front. I know GM says don't do this and I've read here that they will clip the calipers. After I shouted at the installer, he apologetically said they usually only see staggered tires on BMW's and the like. Once they were done I politely confronted the manager and he mentioned, as an excuse, that only the electrics have staggered tires. BE WARY OF UNINFORMED AMATEURS.

I just replaced my fronts about a month ago (Lexani something or others). I informed the installer beforehand, to make sure the wheels went back to their respective locations, due to TPMS (I know they can be reprogrammed relatively easily, but I don't have the tool, and the shop was a hole in the wall, so who knows if they did either). I ended up having to stop him when he was putting what had been the driver's side on the passenger side.

Some people don't follow instruction well. Apparently some of those people work in tire shops.

Back