Hyundai Ioniq

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkE

Holy SHIT! These are CHEAP! The Ioniq EV is going to absolutely rape LEAF sales in CA at that price! (Yes, I sound like a company shill, but DAMN!!! that's CHEAP!)

The 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid starts at $23,035
Or, choose a fully electric Ioniq for $30,035.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/14/2017-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid-23035-price/

A 124-mile EPA-range EV for $30K. The LEAF doesn't have a chance (unless they drastically drop prices, OR quickly come out with increased range, or both). I had heard elsewhere that the Ioniq EV will only be offered in CA and OR, however (hybrid model available across the U.S.).

The plug-in Hybrid is rumored to have 31 miles all-electric range. That's (just barely) enough for me! I may have just found my next car - an Ioniq PHEV as my "around town" vehicle, which is ALSO my "oops I need to drive 300 miles today" vehicle. I already have a pure electric for doing those 30-85-mile trips ...

It doesn't hurt AT ALL that the Ioniq EV (currently) has the highest MPGe rating ...

It just occurred to me that the Ioniq EV, after a $7500 federal tax credit, is the same (approx) price as the base hybrid (Heck, cheaper!). Hmmmm. That makes it harder to decide. I wonder if the plug-in hybrid would ALSO be eligible for the tax credit...

Sadly pretty sub par performance numbers from all variants. They certainly look a lot nicer than Prius' so I hope that is the sales they cannibalize.

Back