DC FastCharger...Can I get mine installed ALREADY?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benwa

I was told at time of purchase, it would be available but I'm still waiting. Give it to me CHEVY!

^^^
Ditto... Or at a dealer?

And, who told you? What did they "promise"? BTW, if referring to a public DC FC, your approximate location might help.

I was told the same by the saleman at Thurston Chevrolet Ukiah Calif.Just to find out.I do not have it and cannot be added on which I do not belive.It is really just a matter of cash.And they should do us right and change it to a fast charge for free or miniumn amount.

NickM said:
I was told the same by the saleman at Thurston Chevrolet Ukiah Calif.Just to find out.I do not have it and cannot be added on which I do not belive.It is really just a matter of cash.And they should do us right and change it to a fast charge for free or miniumn amount.
See http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3643

Not to shoot a dead horse I ran across this the other day.Will check into this and settle this once and for all.

radleychevrolet

Callout 6
Manufacturer Part Description Usage List Core Internet Price Availability Qty Rq
GM RECEPTACLE, DRIVE MOTOR BATTERY CHARGER (SAE HYBRID RECEPTACLE(TYPE1 COMBO)) : CZ48 FAST CHARGING ACCOMMODATIONS/PROVISIONS(CBT) $878.21 -- $878.21 Call Dealer Add to Cart
Manufacturer Part Description Usage List Core Internet Price Availability Qty Rq
GM RECEPTACLE, DRIVE MOTOR BATTERY CHARGER CZ48 (EXC FAST CHARGING ACCOMMODATIONS/PROVISIONS(CBT) $128.63 -- $128.63 Call Dealer Add to Cart

NickM said:
Not to shoot a dead horse I ran across this the other day.Will check into this and settle this once and for all.

radleychevrolet

Callout 6
GM RECEPTACLE, DRIVE MOTOR BATTERY CHARGER (SAE HYBRID RECEPTACLE(TYPE1 COMBO)) : CZ48 FAST CHARGING ACCOMMODATIONS/PROVISIONS(CBT) $878.21 -- $878.21 Call Dealer Add to Cart
GM RECEPTACLE, DRIVE MOTOR BATTERY CHARGER CZ48 (EXC FAST CHARGING ACCOMMODATIONS/PROVISIONS(CBT) $128.63 -- $128.63 Call Dealer Add to Cart
It may be this is just the part to replace the current QC receptacle after damage, but by all means please do find out. Even if it's more than the $750 factory-installed version, all the owners who were misinformed by clueless/lying salespeople could certainly benefit if they could retrofit it. If those people can prove they were misinformed, GM should retrofit it for nothing, but good luck with that.

Well low and behold I talk to 2 chevy parts depts today and it turns out only on the dealers end can you get drawings which they sent me,part numbers,prices, and advabilty of part which only three are needed but only two you can get and I asked if they could get around chevy mumbo jombo back order or not adavible excuses.
two cables the plug which is part of one of the cables and a module which is the part they are stalling on.
total cost around 1500.00.
So when I get more info will pass it on.
also was told if you leased the spark a chevy dealer install would end the lease and you would then have to buy the car.
But a retrofit would be cheaper then ending the lease and finance a new spark

NickM said:
Well low and behold I talk to 2 chevy parts depts today and it turns out only on the dealers end can you get drawings which they sent me,part numbers,prices, and advabilty of part which only three are needed but only two you can get and I asked if they could get around chevy mumbo jombo back order or not adavible excuses.
two cables the plug which is part of one of the cables and a module which is the part they are stalling on.
total cost around 1500.00.
So when I get more info will pass it on.
also was told if you leased the spark a chevy dealer install would end the lease and you would then have to buy the car.
But a retrofit would be cheaper then ending the lease and finance a new spark
I suspect it's that last part that will be the issue. Just adding the receptacle and cabling without the necessary ECU and any other changes related to QC won't help, and until someone manages to have a retrofit done that works, and Chevy is okay with that (i.e. not voiding the warranty), it's still not possible. We await further updates from you with semi-bated breath :) .

Meanwhile why I wait for new info I have filed a complaint with chevy and a local news station complaining even with the flyer chevy had on the internet no where does it say it is a factory option only that it is a option.
http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/brochures/chevrolet/2014-sparkev.pdf

Saw this the other day
Gmarcucio,

The Spark EVs that have not been produced with the fast charge option cannot be retrofitted with the option.

I do want to apologize to anyone that was provided any misinformation on this subject.

Ryan, Electric Vehicle Advisor Team
Volt Line: 877-486-5846
Spark EV Line: 855-477-2754
Email: [email protected]

But I do still have diagrams and prices for the fast charge factory option which i guess could replace one that could be damaged in an accident.Which doesn't make sense as far as a retrofit goes

Or in about a month from now Hayes repair catalog should have the pics for only 200.00 bucks or so.

Ran across this today has anybody tried one yet.

http://www.xaviertechnologies.com/ev_conversion.htm#rechargingconnector

Back