Any of you owners live outside the sell States?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mczajka

We've seen a rogue Spark EV in the Fulton, MD area. Any of you outside of the sales area?

BhQ9nOpIQAAArDP.jpg:large

There are a few owners who have posted on this forum from other states. I don't think there's a good catch all for them, but I know I've seen comments about dealers shipping out of state and a few here that are from other states. For example, I was impressed to see somebody in Alabama was a very early purchaser:

http://mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536

Bryce

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, and bought one used from a dealer in NJ, who bought it from a wholesaler. Got very lucky!

I liked the looks of the gas Spark, and when I read the Spark EV tests, I was sold. Thought of buying one through a friend in CA, but couldn't claim the tax credit doing it that way, so would pay way too much. I bought mine for $21K, so did fine. It only had 1000 miles on it. I checked first with a local Chevrolet dealer and he said they'd been trained on the Spark EV, so service should be no problem.

I also have an Audi R8, but have been driving the Spark more - it's more fun around town! Yesterday beat a Lexus SC400. A Lexus SC400 with a very surprised driver in it. Once the Spark is going over 30, I'll bet it's acceleration is equivalent to a 0-60 in the mid- to upper 6 second range. And no shift points!

I live in New York state and purchased one from a dealer that got it from a GM dealer auction. So I was told anyway. With 2,400 miles on it. Love the car!!! Still mad at GM for not offering the Spark EV in other states or at least the 8 states promoting EV's in which New York State is one of those states.

I am from Ukraine. I bought Spark EV in USA and he come to me yesterday. Waiting for this day for almost 2 months. It is amazing car

vromik said:
I am from Ukraine. I bought Spark EV in USA and he come to me yesterday. Waiting for this day for almost 2 months. It is amazing car

Awesome! I'd love to see a picture of your Spark EV next to some Ukranian buildings!!! That is impressive dedication.

Bryce

vromik said:
Glad you were able to swing it, I am sure you will enjoy it more and more every day.
Smart move on your part since "someone" can cut of the gasoline supply to you, but doubt it's that easy to do with electricity. If they do cause fuel shortages in your area, you will be the only one driving.
God luck,

Yes, I'm a happy owner of an almost New Spark in Prescott Valley Arizona, it had 200 miles on it. Paid $19,000.00. My monthly electric bill went up $40.00 a month but my Fuel bill for my truck went down $300.00 per month. Not counting my down payment that works out to a free car!!! I'm just finishing my solar panel install for free charging soon. Also installing 240 Volt level 2 charger for twice as fast charges today. This car honestly makes me feel 20 years younger ! LOL too much fun. It's so strange hearing pedestrian comments while driving - (look, it's an electric thing!) lol

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention. The Leaf button on the right side was not working when pressed and I was not getting the power management option on the center display. No worries my local Arizona Dealer happily did all the repairs for free which took about 5 days. The service adviser said all repair costs are reimbursed by GM :D The dealer loaned me a $70K Silverado pick up truck in the mean time and I still would rather drive my Spark EV. :lol:

vromik said:
I really hope you show back up on the site again. I'm very curious why you wanted the Spark EV so badly. What is the regulation process for importing used cars like?

Another guy from Europe was on here as well.

I'm sure the low purchase price really helped make the exporting process possible, but the fees and shipping must have added at least 2K euros to the cost of ownership. The online reviews of the Spark EV must have been very compelling.

mickeybiosense said:
Yes Houston TX. Love my Spark EV. Purchase in chino CA ship to Texas
Out of curiosity, what other EVs did you consider? I imagine battery cooling technology was your top priority.

I'm from California, but I brought up my Spark to Edmonton, Alberta to study at the university. Cold reduces range for sure, but still as quick and nimble as ever!

xylhim said:
I'm from California, but I brought up my Spark to Edmonton, Alberta to study at the university. Cold reduces range for sure, but still as quick and nimble as ever!
How well does preconditioning the battery work? What kind of range have you been averaging?

Driving my Spark EV in Pa. for the last two months..I think there are a few other Pa. Spark EVs...Hoping to get them out for our NDEWeek event in Sept!

Back