I love my Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been said to never fall in love with something that can't love you back. Bah! I love mine too!

There's just something seductive in the way a proper electric, like the Spark, delivers power (and gobs of it) so smoothly. Smoother than a V12, a Wankel, or even an old turbine car.

Happy Motoring!

Seriously this car is so much fun. It's definitely quicker than what the claimed 0-60 times are and the mid-range is phenomenal.

jsca72 said:
Love is a word I use with mine all the time also. It is so much fun to drive!
Same here,
love it so much that I prefer driving it to any other car I have, even if it gives me a little range anxiety...

I love mine also. I got it in early Jan and have 7000 miles on it. BUT last week a deer thought it was sky(blue color) and ran into thew side NOW it is in the car hospital for 2 weeks I MISS it. I hate going to buy gas.

I've had my Spark EV since February and drive it to and from work, a 54 mile round trip, every day. It's so much fun to drive. Every time I think of some feature that I would want in a car, it has it; single button defrost, cruise control, rear window wiper (with wash!), cruise control, thermostat climate control, heated seats, built in hands-free phone, etc. It's such a great car. Stop and go traffic isn't a drag because it recharges the battery, and it has this amazing entertainment system. I put music on a thumb drive and listen away. I've driven lots of cars, and this is the best one. Charging and range haven't been a problem, though there is a little more planning involved if I'm going far. I use ChargePoint (free app) to find parking spaces with charging, and I haven't had to pay for charging yet. Once I drove from Vallejo to San Jose (71 miles) for a concert, the car charged while I was at the concert, Chargepoint texted me when I had a full charge, and the drive home was a breeze. I will see how the battery lasts over time, but I'm still jazzed every day to drive this car.

I test drove the Mercedes B-Class Electric Drive just now. It's hands-down the best EV out there besides the Tesla. It makes the BMW i3 feel like a golf cart. The LEaf is nice, and the Ford Fusion Electric is noce, too. But the one thing ALL of these have in common, is that they are nowhere near as fun to drive as the Spark EV. The Mercedes and the Ford make you forget you're in an EV - and I'm not sure I want that! And, oddly enough, I fit better in the Spark EV than any of these others.

I'm dying to pull the trigger on one, and I am very close to making up my mind. My main thing right now is that 1) I don't actually NEED the car, as I have no commute to speak of, and I have a paid for ICE car; and 2) I'm sorely tempted to wait to see if the 2016 offers anything better. Like more range. I know, the whole CARB thing and all that, and maybe Chevy doesn't want to give more than they have to, range-wise, but now with the Bolt announced at 200 miles - in another 2 1/2 years, minimum - they might throw the people a bone and back up they're story that the Spark EV is not just a compliance car. Maybe give us 125 miles, or something. Sounds like they may have the battery tech to do it. Also, they are going to be expanding selling it to other states - cold-weather states, where the range takes a huge hit - so maybe that will give them some incentive to give the car some more range - if it's even possible.

I wonder when they will announce the specs for the 2016? When does that kind of thing usually happen?

I looked at the MB B Class E-Drive as well.

It perfectly illustrates what I talked about in another thread.
i.e. ...manufacturers trying to sell an EV as something it's clearly not quite ready to be!!

B Class E-Drive...
It looks like an SUV ...cool
Lot's of room and cargo space ...cool
Roof rack with bikes on it ...cool

OK, so load her up with the toys and family and head to Tahoe for the weekend!!!
Ha!!! ...let me know how that works out for you!
...going to be a disappointing and frustrating trip!!

...granted, it might be fun for a very short trip somewhere with the toys!
But essentially it will end up being used just like my Spark EV...
As a good commuter car for known distances!
(except it will cost twice as much)

I'm dying to pull the trigger on one, and I am very close to making up my mind. My main thing right now is that 1) I don't actually NEED the car, as I have no commute to speak of, and I have a paid for ICE car; and 2) I'm sorely tempted to wait to see if the 2016 offers anything better. Like more range.

Ezryder,
This might have been a statement I would have made before I bought my Spark EV. I live about 5 miles from work; my Accord was paid off. But I was so ready to get my Spark, I didn't even worry about getting one without a fast charger. (We don't have fast chargers in our area anyway.) I'm so spoiled by my little car, I really don't like driving ICE cars anymore. They seem so sluggish. Wait if you wish, but every day you wait, you're missing a lot of driving fun. :D

jsca72 said:
I'm dying to pull the trigger on one, and I am very close to making up my mind. My main thing right now is that 1) I don't actually NEED the car, as I have no commute to speak of, and I have a paid for ICE car; and 2) I'm sorely tempted to wait to see if the 2016 offers anything better. Like more range.

Ezryder,
This might have been a statement I would have made before I bought my Spark EV. I live about 5 miles from work; my Accord was paid off. But I was so ready to get my Spark, I didn't even worry about getting one without a fast charger. (We don't have fast chargers in our area anyway.) I'm so spoiled by my little car, I really don't like driving ICE cars anymore. They seem so sluggish. Wait if you wish, but every day you wait, you're missing a lot of driving fun. :D

Well said. I recall a wise friend of mine saying to me, as I was deciding whether to sell a painting I believed was going to increase in value, but at a time when I needed the money more than the art, "the time to drink is when you're thirsty."

I really don't like driving ICE cars anymore. They seem so sluggish.

In October I was back east visiting family and I rented a big van to carry all of my siblings, kids and grandsons. I kept complaining what a dog it was until my sister said "Oh shut up Stephen, you just want to brag about your EV." :)

If I was a car salesman trying to sell these cars I would go directly to the test drive. It worked on me.

Back