Android Auto Coming to Spark EV?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeChevy

Just read this article from Gizmodo trying out Android Auto in a Spark EV demo car. Google did say that vehicles with Android Auto capability would be coming into showrooms by the end of this year, will the 2015 Spark EV have it included (along with Apple's Carplay which has also been demo-ed in a Spark EV)? Also, do you think 2014s will be upgradeable to include these functions?

http://gizmodo.com/android-auto-hands-on-an-automotive-life-saver-for-and-1596192652/+damon

784270610480425251.jpg

That would be awesome.

While Onstarts eNav is nice, I'd love to have a map I can also look at.

Google maps would be much nicer than Bringo, I hope they would release a firmware update to have this included.

That would be fantastic. I don't use bringgo because it would take up way too much space and I don't feel like paying for a map service when Google Maps is better and free. That and Onstar takes way too long to load up.

+ 4 ↑ +3 ↑ +2 ↑

I would rather use my phone's G-maps and don't look at the screen than use Bing.
Is Bringo based on Bing? if yes, there's no surprise if it fails...

xylhim said:
Google maps would be much nicer than Bringo, I hope they would release a firmware update to have this included.

I expect they'd need some hardware retrofit, unless they can run this entirely over USB, as there isn't a cable for it in the existing vehicles.

Back