National Electric Drive Week San Rafael 9/21/14

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomadMac

Sunday, September 21, 2014
8 am - 3 pm, Free
Marin County Civic Center Parking Lot at the Farmer's Market

•Test drive: LEAF, Tesla, i3, Mercedes B-class, 500e, smart, Ford Focus EV, Spark and more
• bring your electric wheels and join the party
• food, fun and prizes

Just a little too far from the South Bay or I be in. If a DC Fast Charger pops up in the neighborhood in a week or two, let me know...

I went to this event. A couple of BMWs to test drive. Mercedes was showing their new Electric Drive. Three FIATs were available to test drive. Smart was there. A very cool electric motorcycle made in Ashland, Oregon was there. Tesla was there. Many owners drove their LEAFs and multiple cars were available for test drives.

Who wasn't there?
Chevy and Ford.

NomadMac said:
I went to this event. A couple of BMWs to test drive. Mercedes was showing their new Electric Drive. Three FIATs were available to test drive. Smart was there. A very cool electric motorcycle made in Ashland, Oregon was there. Tesla was there. Many owners drove their LEAFs and multiple cars were available for test drives.

Who wasn't there?
Chevy and Ford.
In Cupertino, IIRC, Spark EV, Leaf, i3, Fiat 500e, Rav4 EV and ELR were available for test drive. There were no Fords were available for test drive, IIRC.

Mercedes didn't show their Smart ED nor B-Class ED.

NomadMac said:
Who wasn't there?
Chevy and Ford.

No surprise there. I was actually surprised by the appearance of Cadillac in Cupertino Saturday. Sat in an ELR for a minute, but didn't want to wait for a test drive. BMW, Nissan were there, as well as a single Kia Soul. Tesla of course...

At the San Diego event a dealer was giving test rides in a Spark. There was a line waiting when it finally had to be recharged. A lot of people were turned on by it. Funny: the salesman was really turned on by it... it was the first time he had ever driven the EV (so he was learning as he rode along).

Back