61 Spark EVs were sold in November

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exchevyspark

In November, Chevy sold 61 Spark Electric Vehicles, up slightly from the 58 sold in October, and the 51 sold in September.

Considering that the only advertizing I've ever seen for the Spark EV was two billboards a year ago, that's not bad.

<Sarcasm>
Why, if I didn't know better I'd say GM didn't care.
</Sarcasm>

That's a real shame because the Spark EV is a great little car for one heck of a price. We like it much better than our LEAF.

Last year the sales volumes were basically the same.

If regular updates on sales volumes are of importance, it'd be a lot more efficient to just make a thread with this link and sticky it:

http://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

This is updated frequently and some of the most accurate public data on the internet.

Bryce

I was tempted to wait for the Sonic EV, but I sat in one and I actually fit better in the Spark EV. Same goes for the Volt, the Ford Fusion EV, and the BMW i3. I fit OK in the Leaf, but the EV is much more fun to drive. With the new incentives from Nissan, you can actually get a Leaf for about the same price as a Spark EV right now. But still... I'll take the Spark EV. I just need to strong-arm my landlady into letting me install a 240v plug on the outside of her garage. She's not going for it. I may move, but need to find another place that will allow for it. I hadn't considered this aspect of EV sales... anyone living in an apartment is pretty much screwed.

I think I may be getting the Soul EV, more miles.
But still have not made up my mind.

Spark EV is out for me as they are never coming to the East coast. And at this point why buy an out of date car when it will be replaced with "whatever" GM is going to make :(
Too bad, Liked the look of the Spark

buickanddeere said:
Anyone or know of anybody holding out for an EV Sonic ? Instead of the Spark EV ? The new Volt 2.0 will be interesting to observe, they could also cut into Spark EV or Sonic EV sales?

Looks like the Sonic EV will be the Bolt.

Once I heard the price of the Bolt is actually going to be $38,000 before incentives, I decided not to wait. I'll likely by buying the Spark EV within a few weeks; maybe a few months, tops.

To me, it makes sense to buy versus lease, since I DO plan on upgrading to the Bolt when it comes out, or the Tesla. I figure it's a "forced saving plan". Figure on a 6 year lease the payments would be about $300. After 3 years, the payoff is $12,500. The lease residual for a 3 year lease right now is $16,500, so I think it's safe to say the car will be worth at least what I owe on it when I got to trade it in, and possibly as much as $4,000 more. Throw a few hundre more in the bank every month and you have maybe $10k to drop on the Bolt, and get the price down to $20k and buy it without having brutal payments or a long loan.

Back