Saw a Spark EV in Washington DC

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaconzies

I was in DC this weekend. Went by the White House to take some selfies. I was quite surprised to see a blue Spark EV parked out in the cold. It was definitely the EV version I saw the green badge and the EV on the plastic underbody. I think it was probably Maryland plates, but it could have been DC. I didn't get that close. It wasn't plugged in to anything. I'm guessing it was some staffer or govt employee because it was parked pretty close to the white house by the Ellipse. I would have taken a photo but it was ridiculously cold and I was with a few friends. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out and see what the story there is. It's gotta be an interesting story with the below freezing weather they've been getting.

That might have been one of the rogues that get spotted around the country. The Press Release I read made it seem like they wouldn't arrive at dealerships in Maryland for a few months.

I haven't heard of any government fleet purchases, but there must be a few greenies that stop by. If you could see the White House from where he was parked that's a good sign he's there on business.

Thank you for posting the sighting!

Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, MD will have a demo model for a week starting May 11th. I may have a meetup there to test drive it.

They have a few on order expected to arrive in June/July timeframe.

hey guys! I'm in Elkton, MD and picked my Spark EV up last thurs at Williams Chevy. I've got over 300 miles on it already and am LOVING it!! I think I probably have the very first one here in the area (I've never seen another one).

d15b7 said:
hey guys! I'm in Elkton, MD and picked my Spark EV up last thurs at Williams Chevy. I've got over 300 miles on it already and am LOVING it!! I think I probably have the very first one here in the area (I've never seen another one).

Do you mind sharing with us how much you paid? or how much drive off and monthly lease payments.

KingUltra said:
Do you mind sharing with us how much you paid? or how much drive off and monthly lease payments.

sure -- mine is a 2LT with the DC fast charger (I had no choice in the matter; it's what they had pre-ordered. they had pre-ordered 4 of them months ago and the silver one showed up first, so that's what I bought! As I was picking it up, the red one came in (green and blue were still incoming). all are 2LT with the DC charger.

I leased it -- my payments are 221 month (all in with taxes tags etc) with zero down zero drive-off. I also applied for the MD tax excise credit, so hopefully will get that back in the mail too (I think it's $2100 back).

340 miles on it now, and driving it totally 'normally' during my commute, I'm getting about 95 -105 miles range depending on the day and circumstances. most of my driving is back roads country lanes, with some stop and go in wilmington and newark. the Spark EV seems to be tailor made to do that sort of commute.

my only issue so far is with Bringgo and USB connection/charging with my iPhone 6. when I plug in the iPhone using the USB port in the console, it quickly oscillates between connecting and trying to charge. once every second or so. I have to disconnect it or I'm afraid it'll damage the iPhone. second issue is that i've installed the Bringgo App (the 30 day trial for $.99; I wanted to test it before I went ahead and bought the $60 version -- I'm glad I did!). Bringgo is up and running fine on my iPhone. the bluetooth is paired on my iPhone and seems to be working fine (I can stream music thru MyLink and listen to it and control the songs from the steering wheel. plus hands free calling is working perfectly too). but I can't get Bringgo to work -- the MyLink display just keeps saying that there is no connection or that the app isn't installed. I've checked the settings in MyLink Smartphone, and everything seems right, all the apps have check marks next to them (Bringgo included). I'm not sure what to try next?

other than this connectivity issue, I'm SO thrilled with the Spark EV!!!

Todd

I just leased a silver 1LT with dc fast today. We'll have to have a Spark EV meetup!

Todd, you'll have to check out this event later this year. I'm going to try to be there.

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=380

Any other Spark EV's in the Baltimore area? I am happy to say that I am a proud owner of an Electric blue 1LT w/ Quick charger as of Thursday May14th. I am in Baltimore county Md. Got in on the promo lease deal ending 6/1/15. Most dealers in my area do not have the Spark EV as of yet, I had to travel down to Rockville to pick up my car. So far so good!

Back