Kansas City

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nik,

Thanks for the link!! I live in KC. I probably have the only Spark EV around,(by a thousand miles?).
A friend just sent me this new link:http://www.kcpl.com/about-kcpl/environmental-focus/clean-charge-network

So then I checked my chargepoint acct. I have only been using public charging since I brought the Spark EV home.
My first charge was on the morning after pulling it home on a dolly. May 24, 0.431 kWh at a DCFC unit just to see if all was well. It worked perfectly.
Since then it shows I have used 844.6 kWh, which would be around $105 if I charged at home with a rate of ~ $0.125 / kWh.

I have mixed feelings about this. Why do I have it so good?!? First free Google Fiber internet at home and now free transportation costs. What's next?
Should I brace myself? For the fall....

But seriously, GM, start selling these awesome cars here. Throw a little advertising money at it and you could sell boat loads of these just in KC. WHY NOT?

The Koch Problem comes from Wichita, Kansas.
Looks like Witchy has a total of 5 EVSE's, none network connected so no info on them. The Bros say "Stay with fossil fuels".

We are talking about Kansas City, Missouri, my home town!
Completely different. Well, except the KCP&L EV network serves both sides of the metro area.

The Kansas side does things like cutting back on educational spending to give the mega-wealthy (Koch Bros.) tax breaks.

Back