Goodyear windshield wipers from costco.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonsparky

On sale right now at costco. Work much better than oem. With caveat that mounting instructions and mount process are both sketchy. After I got them on properly they are a big step up.

Jeff

oregonsparky said:
On sale right now at costco. Work much better than oem. With caveat that mounting instructions and mount process are both sketchy. After I got them on properly they are a big step up.

Jeff

What are windshield wipers? Just kidding. I did actually use mine once or twice in 18 months here in SoCal. As I was reading this I said to myself "This person is from Oregon."

I've always thought that the OEM wiper blades on GM cars were great, but chances are you know more about this :)

oregonsparky said:

Jeff

Jeff,

Do you have the Goodyear part numbers or Costco numbers for the wipers?

MrDRMorgan said:
oregonsparky said:

Jeff

Jeff,

Do you have the Goodyear part numbers or Costco numbers for the wipers?

They are goodyear "hybrid technology" wipers... 16" for passenger side and 24" for driver side.

Part numbers on box were :

Driver Side : 770-16
Passenger Side : 770-24

I'll take some pics of them installed and a side by side pic comparing to the oem.

We have one month on our car - so the oem wipers were "new". I noticed they didn't wipe off bugs well even with bug wash used as wiper fluid. Then we had a few days of rain recently - my wife said the goodyears are *much* better. She has a 30-40 mile commute home in the dark/rain....

jeff

Driver Side : 770-16
Passenger Side : 770-24

I'll take some pics of them installed and a side by side pic comparing to the oem.

We have one month on our car - so the oem wipers were "new". I noticed they didn't wipe off bugs well even with bug wash used as wiper fluid. Then we had a few days of rain recently - my wife said the goodyears are *much* better. She has a 30-40 mile commute home in the dark/rain....

jeff[/quote]

Thanks. I did manage to find the part number for the rear wiper blade - Goodyear 730-12A

Dennis

oregonsparky said:
Thanks for that.

Fyi I mixed up the part numbers. Driver side is 24 and passenger side is 16.

jeff

No problem. I am going to Costco tomorrow to pick up a couple of sets while they are on sale.

Thanks again.

Dennis

Update: Costco has both blades ( 770-16 and 770-24) on sale for $4.99 ea but you can only buy 2 at the sale price. Normal price is $7.99 which is still a good deal. I found the rear wiper blade - 730-12A - on Amazon.com. Cost was $12.04 ea but no shipping or sales tax.

I have 2 Spark EVs so I bought / ordered 2 sets - one set for each car.

Dennis

Additional FYI - On the install - it is "really funky". I "think" that i pushed the proper adapter into the wiper blade mount - then pulled it out until something "gave" , then pushed it in again to properly latch it.

The wipers then snap into the adapters that you have installed onto the wiper arms.

In the future - I will simply snap off the wiper blade - leaving the adapter in place on the wiper arm. Then snap a new goodyear from costco in it's place. Here in oregon - I can replace wiper blades once or twice a season - I am pretty picky about it...

And thanks for the number for the rear wiper to use on amazon.com

thanks again,
jeff

oregonsparky said:
Additional FYI - On the install - it is "really funky". I "think" that i pushed the proper adapter into the wiper blade mount - then pulled it out until something "gave" , then pushed it in again to properly latch it.

The wipers then snap into the adapters that you have installed onto the wiper arms.

In the future - I will simply snap off the wiper blade - leaving the adapter in place on the wiper arm. Then snap a new goodyear from costco in it's place. Here in oregon - I can replace wiper blades once or twice a season - I am pretty picky about it...

And thanks for the number for the rear wiper to use on amazon.com

thanks again,
jeff

I received my rear wiper blade order from Amazon and the blades look correct. I will have to figure out how to install the front and rear wiper blades when the time comes. I just wanted to make sure I have a set on hand for each of my Spark EVs. Thanks for the blade number info.

Dennis

Hmm. I'm only getting the top half contact on the passenger side with the Goodyear blades.
Might have to fish the old blade out of the trash.

NomadMac said:
Hmm. I'm only getting the top half contact on the passenger side with the Goodyear blades.
Might have to fish the old blade out of the trash.

Just off 1 the top of my head I would guess you need 1to pop the blade off and flip it around.... mine fit fine and work very well.

Jeff

Back