A Stupid Newbie Question

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amecameca

I just went over 1,000 miles on my new Spark EV, but there is one thing I haven't been able to figure out.

Every now and then the center panel display is dim so that I can hardly read it. This might be just when I start driving (not sure). Anyway, what can I do to get it to brighten up? Usually it brightens up it by itself, but in its own sweet time. Can't understand why it should ever be so dim that you can't read what's on the screen.

I'm sure there is a simple answer that I'm just unaware of. Thanks!

I bet you have a garage, or otherwise start your car in a dark place. The auto headlights turn on and dim the display. Once in bright light, it reverts back to the daytime running lights.

The solution is to turn up (rotate forward) the dimmer dial just to the left of the display on the same panel as your electric side mirror control.

I've also run into this when driving on a very bright day if I'm driving in an area where I go from very bright sunlight to deep shade under overhanging trees or along hills that block the sunlight.

A quick workaround is to turn the headlights to the OFF position.

But driving like this is technically not as safe because you no longer have Day Time Running lights.
But so do a lot of other new cars.......

Zoomit said:
The solution is to turn up (rotate forward) the dimmer dial just to the left of the display on the same panel as your electric side mirror control.

Be careful with rotating that dial. If you rotate back too far, the display may be visible when in the daytime, but when the automatic light control kicks in, it may go completely dark, to the point that it looks like its turned off.

Back