A short read if considering a used vehicle

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerHV

If your looking into resources to help you make decisions in the used car buying process, go to Wikipedia and search Carfax (company).

David

Well this is interesting. There is a barely used Spark EV I was seriously considering that has been advertised with under 100 miles on the odometer. They even show a picture of just the corner of D.I.C. with the miles. And the Carfax shows under 100 miles, too.
Today I asked my local dealer in CT to look up the VIN in GM's records and guess what we find? The car had 17,385 miles as of 02-03-2015 when the hood latch recall was issued. Hmmmmmm .....How could this possibly be, I ask myself aloud.....
This MUST simply be a typo in their advertisement (that shows up on every used car search I've seen), right? Yyyup, that's what I think. I emailed Carfax just in case they gave a damn. I'll post here again if any additional info is unveiled. (sorry for swearing, Jsca)

David
P.S. I knew there had to be more to the story with this car. So before making a "sight unseen" car purchase, have a dealer - whatever brand it is - check the MANUFACTURER'S data to confirm Carfax details. Remember the line: "As reported to Carfax" (same with the other one).

Back