New 2014 Spark Ev owner

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firemom233

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the group and say how very excited I am to have finally gotten this little gem delivered from California late last night! I have a 2012 Chevy Volt and traded in my 2013 Ford CMAX Energi fully loaded (hated to see all the nice features go but totally worth not having to use so much gas anymore!)

I have a Silver 2014 LT2 with DCFC lease turn in with just over 20,500 miles. I would have so loved to have found a green one but it was just not in the cards for me I guess, not to mention I was getting antsy and started pushing my sales guy to find one, any one! LOL

I can't wait to get off work and drive it around tonight as I only got to drive it a very short trip to my house!

Nice to meet you all.

Gina

Welcome to life with an incredibly interesting car. We have a pair of Spark EVs here in WV after leasing Volts as well. Some creature comforts are missed like automatic and multi intensity heated sets. Benefits of all electric and intoxicating acelleration of the SparkEV removed any remorse of returning the Volts.

So how far from the motherland is the Spark? We have had no problem having ours serviced at dealerships with Volt technicians.

Joe M in WV

Welcome to the Sparkie world! It's such a fun little car. I think of it as my therapy car.

Whenever life gets too thick, take your Spark out for a ride. You'll feel so much better.

JMenacker said:
.... So how far from the motherland is the Spark? We have had no problem having ours serviced at dealerships with Volt technicians.

Joe M in WV
Since I'm in the middle of the country, mine and Fox's may hold that title for farthest !!!

As for 'service',, what's that? :lol:

I hate popping the hood to add windshield washer fluid. Is that servicing??? :D
The tire pressure can be monitored from the driver's seat and there really is no reason to "rotate the tires @ 7500 miles". Swapping tires left for right doesn't do anything, imho...

(I did have my local dealer do a SW update, but I can't tell anything is different.)

Two service events:

1. Brake light on deceleration in low update.
2. Voltec EVSE replacement

Neither one was an issue with the Spark but required action from the dealer. Underwhelming service requirements has certainly been one of the more attractive features of all electric.

Regards,

Joe M in WV

Back