Parts shared with regular Spark

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puregsr

I'd like to start a list of parts that are shared (same part numbers) between the EV and the regular Spark, even though I don't own one yet. Like to get an idea of availability of parts for a limited production car.
1. Brakes (rotors, calipers, brake lines, is it even hydraulic? pads)
2. Suspension (shocks, springs, bushings, axles, ball joints, sway bars)
3. Exterior (windshields, wipers, bumpers, body panels)
4. Interior (front seats, rear seats, dash, airbags)
5. HVAC (AC, heater, cooling)
6. Wheels (bolt pattern, rims, tires)

The few I know:
1) Yes, the hydraulic brakes are there but are only used once the Regen maxes out. dk if pads, calipers and discs are the same. They rarely get used anyways...!
3) Front and rear bumpers are different pieces of plastic. No fog light kit for the EV. Active grill shutters for the EV. And better Cd numbers because of....
5) AC compressor and hot water heater for climate control it different under the hood. in the cabin the parts may be the same. dk..
8) Wheels are definitely different. Lots of threads on the subject. Can only be rotated left to right,, so why bother? Tires are different sizes front to rear too.

Don you worry bout a ting. :!:

You never work on these things.
I get pissed every month when I go to top up the windshield washer fluid and find that I didn't need to pop the hood after all. :oops:
TPMS also shows tire pressures, so you don't have to dik with that either !!

They are at bargain prices right now.
You won't be sorry !!! :D

Yea, great deals are out there, but some local Bolts are getting $4500 dealer discount on top of the $7500 tax credit, the lowest trim Bolt is 26245. And who knows how much lower you can bargain.
Double the price of the Spark and get 3X the battery size, one extra passenger and 2.5X the range … hmm, decision decision decision.

This topic has assumed a new level of importance for me - Daughter 3 rear-ended someone in a large truck and now I need to replace some front end pieces. The car is a lease so I'm paying for this one way or another - buying the vehicle or repairing before turning it in. I have NO confidence that I'll get charged a reasonable price if I let the dealer fix it.

Anyway, the damage was mostly from the hitch receiver and bumper where she slid under the bumper. I need a hood, a front bumper and a driver's side headlight (and probably some other little things I can't see yet). I was able to bend the hood back so it latches and the headlight is serviceable for the time being.
NORTON said:
The few I know:
1) Yes, the hydraulic brakes are there but are only used once the Regen maxes out. dk if pads, calipers and discs are the same. They rarely get used anyways...!
3) Front and rear bumpers are different pieces of plastic. No fog light kit for the EV. Active grill shutters for the EV. And better Cd numbers because of....
5) AC compressor and hot water heater for climate control it different under the hood. in the cabin the parts may be the same. dk..
8) Wheels are definitely different. Lots of threads on the subject. Can only be rotated left to right,, so why bother? Tires are different sizes front to rear too.
A quick look makes me question the bumper claim. This video shows that all of the grillwork and fog light stuff just screws / snaps in place. It looks easy peasy to remove the EV specific stuff and move it to the new bumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01nhzvPlVyo
I'll head down to the dealer in a few days to see if the PN listed in the video for the bumper (95141821) is the same as the EV version. I likely won't remove the bumper until I have something to put back on in it's place. eBay has several bumpers listed (all from ICEers), and none in Salsa (a unique EV color).

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...~LT~--&_nkw=bumper 2015 Chevrolet Spark EV LT

I'm sure I'm not the first one to have to address something like this, so if you have sources / vendors for parts that you've used and are happy with (or ones to avoid for that matter) - please share!

I'll post some pictures if anyone's interested.

Thanks!

UPDATE - The ICE bumper is indeed different!

Back