boo99
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option??

Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:36 am

hi there, this is my 1st post here.

I am thinking of buying a 2015 from Carvana but theres no way on their site to tell if it has the SAE QC option.


I called Chevy and gave in the VIN and she said it has Fast Charging Provisions CBT?

Does that mean I will be able to use the SAE QC cause this car has it?

I dont want to buy it unless it does.

Thanks much for any help!

G.

MrDRMorgan
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Location: Manteca, California

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:31 pm

boo99 wrote:hi there, this is my 1st post here.

I am thinking of buying a 2015 from Carvana but theres no way on their site to tell if it has the SAE QC option.


I called Chevy and gave in the VIN and she said it has Fast Charging Provisions CBT?

Does that mean I will be able to use the SAE QC cause this car has it?

I dont want to buy it unless it does.

Thanks much for any help!

G.
Have your contact at Carvana open the charge door, whip out his phone, take a picture of the charge port and send it to you. If the vehicle has the quick charge option, you will see an orange colored flap at the bottom of the charge port. Spark EVs without the quick charge option do not have the orange-colored flap.

NORTON
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 5:52 am
Location: KC,MO

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:05 am

MrDRMorgan wrote: Have your contact at Carvana open the charge door, whip out his phone, take a picture of the charge port and send it to you. If the vehicle has the quick charge option, you will see an orange colored flap at the bottom of the charge port. Spark EVs without the quick charge option do not have the orange-colored flap.
Agreed. But be SLY about it.
You don't want to be excited to have them show you that "Yes indeed! This car has the $750 DCFC option. That will be an additional $750, please"
And you definitely only want one with this option. It totally transforms the usefulness of this EV!
Used '14 2LT w/ DCFC. +69 K miles.
Mostly free charging! Only one LONG visit to the shop....
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 2nd guess not covered by warranty and cost $800. 3rd guess fixed the problem.

Alcalira
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:22 pm
Location: Davis, California

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 am

Fast Charge Provisions is the name Chevy uses on the window sticker to describe that option, so it sounds like this car does have it. With Carvana, you have a few days to check the car over, so it seems pretty safe to go ahead. You can send it back if you're not satisfied. I don't know what CBT stands for.
2018 Chevy Volt Premier, Green Mist
2017 Honda Clarity Hydrogen Fuel Cell, Crystal Black Pearl
2010 Toyota Prius 2, Pearl White

boo99
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:27 am

MrDRMorgan wrote:
boo99 wrote:hi there, this is my 1st post here.

I am thinking of buying a 2015 from Carvana but theres no way on their site to tell if it has the SAE QC option.


I called Chevy and gave in the VIN and she said it has Fast Charging Provisions CBT?

Does that mean I will be able to use the SAE QC cause this car has it?

I dont want to buy it unless it does.

Thanks much for any help!

G.
Have your contact at Carvana open the charge door, whip out his phone, take a picture of the charge port and send it to you. If the vehicle has the quick charge option, you will see an orange colored flap at the bottom of the charge port. Spark EVs without the quick charge option do not have the orange-colored flap.

No, they wont do that. I do know about what to look for, thanks :)

Already been thru this with other vehicles and Carvana. Its not that simple but I wish it were.

Alcalira wrote:Fast Charge Provisions is the name Chevy uses on the window sticker to describe that option, so it sounds like this car does have it. With Carvana, you have a few days to check the car over, so it seems pretty safe to go ahead. You can send it back if you're not satisfied. I don't know what CBT stands for.
Yea true, I could just send the car back if no SAE

^^ Thanks all for the replies! Boo

TheLondonBroiler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 am

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Already solved this (for the most part) and posted my solution. Using the 360 view on Carvana, and all doors & hood open, you can see the high voltage Orange cables at where the top of the radiator would be on an ICE vehicle you should be facing the driver's side to do this), if it's equipped w/ DCFC. Essentially this gives you the "peek" you need. You want to have a large screen at your disposal to view this. If you need further assistance, PM me, and I'll do the best to text you a screen shot or look it up.

-Mark
2015 Spark EV w/ DCFC 46,XXX miles
Purchased 1/20/18 w/ 16,5XX miles
2019 Bolt EV w/ DCFC 15,XXX miles
Purchased 3/16/19 w/ 87 miles

boo99
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi Mark

I will try and post the engine pic on here today, I think it has the fast provisions. Silly Carvana just won't show the charge port up close, opened.

Thanks

boo99
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Image

Is this the pic angle/view needed to see the DCFC?

thanks

TheLondonBroiler
Posts: 186
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:25 am

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 pm

My car w/ DCFC

Image

Image

Spark EV on Carvana w/ DCFC

Image

Orange cable just barely visible to the right of the black battery ground cable with white sticker/flag(?)

Image
2015 Spark EV w/ DCFC 46,XXX miles
Purchased 1/20/18 w/ 16,5XX miles
2019 Bolt EV w/ DCFC 15,XXX miles
Purchased 3/16/19 w/ 87 miles

boo99
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

Re: Fast Provisions CBT?? Does this mean Quick Charge option

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 am

Thank you much for the pix, I know now what/where to look! I was getting confused when you were saying look in the area where am ICE cars' radiator would be.

I wish they would just open the charger port and snap a pic of that. Apparently most dealers do not know how important this is for a buyer of an EV.

They show wonderful pix of the seats though lol. Thanx again.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Spark EV Forum”