MrDRMorgan

Re: Check Engine Light - Code P0713

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:02 am

NORTON wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:30 am
Clearly the temp sensor or the wiring has something wrong.
I doubt it is a serious problem.
But if you have a warranty,, why not! :)
The next time the code pops up, I will have the dealer take care of it as long as it does not cost me anything but time. I use TorquePro to monitor the temperature before and after clearing the code. This last time, I had -10 deg. C after the code was cleared.

One question I do have relates to what, if anything, these bogus temperature readings have on the car's performance. That temperature is monitored for a reason.

NORTON

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am

MrDRMorgan wrote:
One question I do have relates to what, if anything, these bogus temperature readings have on the car's performance. That temperature is monitored for a reason.
It may be that it is only a warning system for when the cooling system or oil supply is leaking out and getting hot.
A way of saying "stop now, or destroy something"...

Although it is a good question.
But what can it do if the ATF is really that cold?
Mine may have gotten that cold this winter..... :cry: It didn't stop me or the car ! :)
Used '14 2LT w/ DCFC. +75 K miles.
Mostly free charging! Only one LONG visit to the shop....
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 2nd guess not covered by warranty and cost $800. 3rd guess fixed the problem.

MrDRMorgan

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 am

NORTON wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am
MrDRMorgan wrote:
It may be that it is only a warning system for when the cooling system or oil supply is leaking out and getting hot.
A way of saying "stop now, or destroy something"...

Although it is a good question.
But what can it do if the ATF is really that cold?
Mine may have gotten that cold this winter..... :cry: It didn't stop me or the car ! :)
I have also seen the other end: +90 deg. C which, when the code is cleared, shows about 25 to 30 deg. C. This seems to only happen in very hot weather so I expect to see it again. Then it will be off to the dealer to see if they can fix it and not screw it up.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Spark EV Forum”