Squeaky car when going over bumps

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky001

Hello all,

Anybody here experience squeaking when going over bumps? My spark has 53k miles and is a 2014. I'm pretty familiar with the electric power train but I have not worked on suspension systems before. So my question is this: how do you know if the issue is bearing related or shocks related? Is there a way to find out? Or is it something you typically don't touch?

Thanks!

i also have a squeak on my 2016 just from riding over rough bumpy road, coming i think from the rear left wheel area. don't know what it is, guessing it's suspension/shock related. i can also recreate the squeak by rocking the car with my hands when it's parked of course. have had it since i bought the car used with 46K miles on it over a year ago, just didn't notice it when buying from the dealer otherwise i would have them look at it. i'm hoping it's nothing serious and i'm leaving it alone. it does go away sometimes for no particular reason, perhaps it's weather temp related because i noticed that this squeaking or chirping sound is more prevalent during colder weather. if nothing else, it's there to remind me that i'm driving a low-end GM product after all, and built-quality is as expected.

I have not dug into this car as much as I have previous cars I've owned but I would venture to guess that it's probably an anti-swaybar bushing or endlink bushing. This probably isn't an issue besides being annoying. If you begin to hear a rattle though the endlink needs replaced. It's possible to spray lubricant on these bushings but the bushing may not react well to the grease and it may do more harm than good.

Back