Any Spark EV owners yet?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I purchased mine on July 6th. i was following up with the dealer for the last one week, and on July 5th, the dealer got 3 cars. So far, its been great. I just completed the first complete charge. It shows the range of 79 miles.

I brought one home yesterday. It's a blue 2LT. I haven't driven it much yet but it looks to be a lot of fun. Still setting up the infotainment/phone features with my Samsung android phone.

The dealer had 2 on hand, a white and the blue. Both were OK with me but the SO preferred blue. It is quite roomy for such a small car and visibility is great.

Currently it's charging on the included 120v EVSE but I will be installing a L2 EVSE in the next month. It will be a self-built Open EVSE. I will post more on this project as it develops.

Got mine yesterday. I had to go 77 miles away from my home to get it which meant I tested its range on day one. I drove 80 actual miles and used 73 range miles of the Spark. Of course I was driving like a snail and taking my foot off the gas on downhills. Thank goodness I was on 4-lane highways so no one had to get stuck behind me. Love the car! When I did have to merge, the Spark EV was full of pep. I was lucky I was able to get behind two slow moving CalTrans trucks to help me pace myself or I would have been flying down that highway. The Spark EV's slow recharging is definitely going to limit its driving range; but for 90% of the type of driving I do, it will be the perfect car.

Just took delivery of my Electric Blue 2LT yesterday... absolutely LOVE the car. I sold my Porsche Boxster-S, and now own this vehicle for what I paid for gas each month! :D

I am freaking-out a bit about the long re-charge time. I drove it down to ~8 miles of range, and now I'm using my motorcycle to get to work today because EVelyn (my Spark) is still sipping electrons back home in my garage! :?

Totally hitting-up BOSCH for the 240V charge install - ASAP! Chevy has a $500 credit which makes the charger basically free - just need to get it wired-up by an installer. Can't happen soon enough!

EVelyn said:
Just took delivery of my Electric Blue 2LT yesterday... absolutely LOVE the car. I sold my Porsche Boxster-S, and now own this vehicle for what I paid for gas each month! :D

I am freaking-out a bit about the long re-charge time. I drove it down to ~8 miles of range, and now I'm using my motorcycle to get to work today because EVelyn (my Spark) is still sipping electrons back home in my garage! :?

Totally hitting-up BOSCH for the 240V charge install - ASAP! Chevy has a $500 credit which makes the charger basically free - just need to get it wired-up by an installer. Can't happen soon enough!
Yes, a 240v Level 2 charger is an absolute must unless you have a really short daily commute. I was a little too prepared and purchased and installed my GE WattStation prior to receiving my Spark EV (and before the $500 Bosch rebate was offered). Oh well, it is what it is... Congrats on your Spark EV!

Just got mine on Saturday. Ordered the GM Voltec Charger from Bosch for $59 ($43tax+15shipping - the voucher covers entire charger and 10towards shipping).

It just seems wrong to pay taxes on the free charger. Maybe if it was a coupon instead of a voucher we wouldn't have to pay the taxes.

BTW, when using the 120V charger don't forget to change the charge settings to high 12A instead of the default of 8A. VERY ANNOYING that you have to do this manually each and every time you plug in.

Here is some basic charging math (assuming 4mi/KWHr):
120V charger default (8A): 3.8Miles/Hr
120V charger high (12A): 5.7Miles/Hr
240V charger (3.3KW): 13.2Miles/Hr
If your car is on the charger for 12hrs/night it will recover 45.6mi, 68.4mi, and FULL respectively.

--Bob

Back