Chevy Availability in California

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsca72

I live in the Central Coast area of California, and there are no Spark EV's at Chevy dealerships in this area. I had to drive 77 miles to get mine. Now the only one near us is 90 miles away. I'm trying to let everyone I know who has been interested in an electric car about this little car--it is so much fun to drive, but for them to actually get one is difficult. So not only does Chevrolet not seem too interested in selling these in other parts of the US besides CA & OR, they don't even seem too interested in really selling it in all parts of CA. It's such a great little car. Why isn't Chevy doing more to make it available?

That's entirely up to the dealers in each area. I'm in Santa Barbara, and Graham Chevy here is definitely interested in selling the Spark EV. They try to have one in-stock at all times, unless they've just sold one and the next hasn't arrived yet.

EVeveryman said:
Irvine has 5-6 in stock now. All colors repped too.

I see one listed as USED at FULL price, methinks this might be one of the dealerships that pulls the Fed Tax credit scam on unsuspecting buyers. But at least they say it gets great gas milage...

http://www.chevyirvine.com/vehicle/specs/chevrolet/spark%20ev/2014/vin/KL8CL6S06EC410076?remls=1

I too am in the Central coast (Lompoc) and have been waiting for a Titanium 1LT from Sunset Auto Center for about 2 months now. (Dealer rep said they'd have one for me when we arrived in the area in early August. Hah!) To be fair, they have been trying hard to locate one but no other dealers are willing to trade (I'm not surprised given the demand and lack of availability.) So they eventually went ahead and ordered one directly from Chevrolet for me. They did that about 3-4 weeks ago so I hope to get the VIN very soon. (And the dealer let me borrow one of their used cars the entire time while I'm waiting!) Turns out the timing will work out well for me because until this week, I wouldn't have had a convenient place to charge up.

So I would suggest that anyone interested in a Spark EV ask their local dealer if they're willing to order one "as sold" from Chevy directly. They'll likely require a deposit to do that though.

Back