Ca rebate check?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i received the check today, exactly 8 weeks after the date that my application got approved. i was a little worried, because they told me it takes 6-8 weeks but sometimes less. it may also be that they receive chunks of financing from the government, and they pay all the applications they accumulated and approved at the same time.

We were looking at leasing one this weekend, but (among other things) it appears that Ca is running low on funds for 2013. Anyone know what happens if we apply for the rebate and funds have been depleted? Could we reapply in January or would it just be prudent to wait until then to lease?

If the funds are depleted, you go into a waiting list, waiting until January just moves you further down the list. Funds are added every fiscal year July 1st-June 30.

But there's plenty of money, we're 3+ months into this fiscal year and 71% of the fund is still available. My guess is you're good until April-May without any delay.

More info here:
https://energycenter.org/programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/rebate-funding-status

Back