Awesome price in Portland, OR at Wentworth Chevrolet

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nashco

I saw a whole bunch of new Spark EVs in the lot at Wentworth Chevrolet and spoke to a salesman while I was there test driving a Subaru hybrid with a buddy. He told me there was a super special going on these, and to act fast if I wanted one. I was skeptical, but when he told me the price I knew he wasn't kidding! So here's the deal they were running in December (but it seems they were hampered with constrained inventory):

http://www.wentworthchevrolet.com/portland-chevy-spark-special-discount-offers-oregon

36 month lease, 10,000 miles/year:

$2375 due at signing (including fees)
$99 per month

Purchase:
$2655 discount = $24,990 before tax credits

I followed up to confirm the price today, since this advertised deal is now expired. Spencer said that he confirmed the following price if you acted today:

36 month lease, 10,000 miles/year, 1LT without fast charge option:

$2200 down
$105/month (That works out to $166/month all in!)

36 month lease, 2LT with fast charge (not sure on mileage, I asked for 15,000 miles/year and Spencer didn't clarify):

$2200 down
$124/month (That works out to $185/month all in!)

We all know this is a smokin' good deal. I already own my car and my wife JUST committed to a M-B B-class electric drive, otherwise we'd have already jumped on this deal. I'm telling all of my friends because we know this price can't last. However, get it while the going is good if you're on the fence to purchase!

Bryce

oh sorry I should have read that better. I was thinking that was a lease price :?

Good price.
I wonder why they are trying to sell so fast ?

I wonder if I would get the California $2,500 rebate if I bought the car there and drove it home...?

ezryder said:
I wonder if I would get the California $2,500 rebate if I bought the car there and drove it home...?

I think that as long as you register it in Cali then you get the rebate.
I know that if I had bought in Cali and had it shipped to MASS (register it in MASS) then I get Fed and State rebate.

I am not sure if you are talking a Lease. I think people had said on here that they will not lease out of state.

Thanks! But I think if you buy in CA and live out of state, you have to trailer the thing out of state; you can't drive it. I wonder if that's the case in OR?

If I could save a ton, I would buy up there and do the experience of driving it back. That would be... interesting. Not sure if there are enough fast chargers to get me here, though, and I wouldn't want to camp out for three nights just to get home.

California DMV or the Auto Club down there should be able to give you definitive answers about the rebate. Oregon dealers have traditionally welcomed out of state buyers - no sales tax here :D - they can get you the temporary permits to drive home legally.

As far as driving it home, we have a member who did that and more http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3964 you might want to PM him before seriously considering it.

Wentworth's a decent dealer and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them but they gave me a great stupid salesman story. The wife and I went there to look at the Spark. The store was in the middle of a remodel so we walked around the lot looking for one for a while and nobody responded to us. We walked in to the sales trailer told the salesman what we were looking for and he informed us they were parked in a lot two blocks away, gave us his card, and said if we saw one we wanted to look at to call him on his cell phone, then went back to his lunch. We actually looked at them, determined that we fit, figured we would find one somewhere else, and drove away. The next day we went to the dealer in Wilsonville just south of us, worked with a nice saleslady. I noticed they were owned by the Wentworth's so I commented on that and told her the story of the lazy salesman. Negotiations ceased for a moment while her and her manager got the full story. I think he was in for a shock the next time he came in to work. ;)

I heard about that! The guy got fired, couldn't find a new job and after 6 months his wife left him, taking their two kids and the dog. But, he did find employment, eventually, at a local janitorial service company, cleaning office toilets. He took to drinking and doing drugs to ease his pain, but got a few DUI's and then got busted for coke possession. While in county jail, awaiting trial, he got in a fight with another inmate and accidentally killed him. He's in Lompoc now, doing 15 hard.

But... great story!! ;)

Back