Looking For a Used Spark EV?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDRMorgan

Are you interested in finding a used 2014 Spark EV 2LT and don't care if it does not have the quick-charge option? American Chevrolet in Modesto, CA has available a Summit White 2014 (blue interior trim) Spark EV 2LT without the quick-charge option. The car is in factory new condition and only has 1676 miles on it. I looked at this car last year before I bought the exact same used vehicle from another dealer in August 2015. It looked at it again today (2/22/16) and it is still in excellent factory new condition. It has been on the dealer's lot for 428 days according to CarGurus.com and is currently advertised for $14,897 but I am betting they are looking to get rid of it.

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis!

Sounds like the 2014 is the year to have, with more power and larger battery capacity. However, at $14K, it's priced above recent sales on new 2016's that have fast charge (after factoring in new EV tax rebates).

It is kind of funny, but Chevy's recent 20% off sale on 2016 Sparks through July 4th week, priced them lower than the 2015's with deep Chevy discounts sitting on the lot.

Unless more fast charge stations are put in place, I may never use that feature.... :)

QuietRider said:
Thanks, Dennis!

Sounds like the 2014 is the year to have, with more power and larger battery capacity. However, at $14K, it's priced above recent sales on new 2016's that have fast charge (after factoring in new EV tax rebates).

It is kind of funny, but Chevy's recent 20% off sale on 2016 Sparks through July 4th week, priced them lower than the 2015's with deep Chevy discounts sitting on the lot.

Unless more fast charge stations are put in place, I may never use that feature.... :)
I have been very pleased with the used (1500 miles) 2014 Spark EV 2LT I bought for $13897 last August and I have had absolutely no problems with it. The car does not have the fast charge option but that has not been a problem since most of my driving is local and there are plenty of L2 stations around should I need to add charge. Some are even free to use. I also have a Bosch L2 EVSE in my garage.

I will say that my 2015 Spark EV 2LT performs slight better in town and on the highway due to the different gearing but both cars have been exceptionally trouble-free. Some posts on this forum regarding braking / warning light problems occurring on some of the 2016 Spark EVs does concern me.

With respect to the fast charge option, if you can get it, do so, even if you cannot use it right now. A week ago my wife and I took a trip to South Lake Tahoe in our 2015 Spark EV. We covered over 300 miles without a charging problem. This week we took a 250 mile round trip to Hollister, California; again without any charging problems. The quick charge network is growing and you will regret not being ready for it if you plan on eventually doing any distance driving in a Spark EV.

Here s a post from a Leaf owner I just found that you might find to be interesting:

"I have a 2012 Leaf. My wife and I use it for as much driving as possible. I have 3 car seats mounted across the back and we use it for almost ALL our in town driving with or without the 3 kids. I have put on 15km in the last 12 months. Rarely at all is there not enough range to go where we want. Having a longer range battery is nice but not necessary. In my case I would only be hauling around a larger battery which is WAY heavier! That is like a gas tank with 4 times the volume. it would go further but be a weight penalty. Don't get me wrong longer range is nice but options as to which size of battery would be nice. The car I have now is awesome. I am keen to see if there will be a discount on in stock inventory when the new longer range Leaf comes out. My car currently cost average about a dollar a day for all our driving in the Leaf. My level 2 charger charges pretty fast to top up if we do 2 trips per day, which we often do. Plus my car only has a 3kw on-board unit. Some fast chargers in town will make my car more useable and 20-30 minutes is OK"

The quick charge network is growing and you will regret not being ready for it if you plan on eventually doing any distance driving in a Spark EV.

It will be good when more of a charging network is in place. It seems like CA is way out in front. There's not anything heading West to the mountains, here in the charging station desert of the East.

As an aside, the grid power was out 6 hours from a tree falling on the lines today. It was another 95 degree 95% humidity day with afternoon thunderstorms. The Spark came in handy to cool down for an hour, running the AC and reading the paper and a book. Not driving it at all, the AC was draining the batteries at 3 kW for the first 5 minutes or so, then as the cabin temp got down to the 68 setting, the AC actually operated in the 0 or 1 kW range - only decreasing the estimated range by 5 miles over the hour. Seemed very economical in cooling while parked. Driving, the AC seems to drain the battery at a faster rate, maybe because of outside air pushing its way in with speed.

Thanks,

Are you interested in finding a used 2014 Spark EV 2LT and don't care if it does not have the quick-charge option? American Chevrolet in Modesto, CA has available a Summit White 2014 (blue interior trim) Spark EV 2LT without the quick-charge option. The car is in factory new condition and only has 1676 miles on it. I looked at this car last year before I bought the exact same used vehicle from another dealer in August 2015. It looked at it again today (2/22/16) and it is still in excellent factory new condition. It has been on the dealer's lot for 428 days according to CarGurus.com and is currently advertised for $14,897 but I am betting they are looking to get rid of it.

Dennis

It appears that the vehicle in Modesto is still available ("624 days on CarGurus", 1595 mi.), now offered at $13,897 : https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Chevrolet-Spark-EV-Stockton-d2205_L2941#listing=103418146

There is also a 2016 Spark EV 2LT with 1,429 miles for $14,584 in Concord (don't know if it has DCFC or not) : https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Chevrolet-Spark-EV-Stockton-d2205_L2941#listing=149136234

SparkE said:

Dennis

It appears that the vehicle in Modesto is still available ("624 days on CarGurus", 1595 mi.), now offered at $13,897 : https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Chevrolet-Spark-EV-Stockton-d2205_L2941#listing=103418146

There is also a 2016 Spark EV 2LT with 1,429 miles for $14,584 in Concord (don't know if it has DCFC or not) : https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Chevrolet-Spark-EV-Stockton-d2205_L2941#listing=149136234
The 2014 Spark EV at American Chevrolet in Modesto does not have the DCFC option. I suspect, given the price, the 2016 Spark EV at Concord Toyota does not have the DCFC option either. I will have to check.

Back