20% off MSRP Cash Back Deals

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whomadewho

Haven't seen this posted here, but currently many dealers are offering a 20% off MSRP deal when you buy a new 2016 Spark EV.
That's over $5000 off (the recently lowered MSRP).

Anyone still waiting to buy, it might be 'finally time' to wrangle a deal, especially while there's still all body colors available out there...

whomadewho said:
Haven't seen this posted here, but currently many dealers are offering a 20% off MSRP deal when you buy a new 2016 Spark EV.
That's over $5000 off (the recently lowered MSRP).

Anyone still waiting to buy, it might be 'finally time' to wrangle a deal, especially while there's still all body colors available out there...
I have seen this offer too. However, the 20% off only applies to a purchase - not a lease.

whats the catch. 26 minus 5k is 21 minus 7500 is 13500 and then cali is at least 2500. thats 11000 for a new spark if you qualify. am i missing something. seems 2g2bt

evboy said:
whats the catch. 26 minus 5k is 21 minus 7500 is 13500 and then cali is at least 2500. thats 11000 for a new spark if you qualify. am i missing something. seems 2g2bt

Add in taxes and fees. But its legit....at least until the 15th.
And you're not even including the dealer discount....so the deal can be even better.

whats the sales tax in cali. i wish i could qualify for the 7500 because i would get a license in cali and buy one. you would have to pay sales tax on 25k though. is that correct. whats the registration on that car.

bro1999 said:
evboy said:

Add in taxes and fees. But its legit....at least until the 15th.
And you're not even including the dealer discount....so the deal can be even better.
The $7500 is a federal tax credit to be used to offset you tax liability in the year you purchase the vehicle. If, before applying the credit, you only owe Uncle Sam $1000, you can only take advantage of $1000 of the $7500 credit. Uncle Sam gets to keep the rest. On the other hand, if you lived in San Joaquin County in California, there is another $3000 cash rebate available in addition to the $2500 California cash rebate.

I just picked up a 2016 2LT Granite for $20,200 + tax/registration (before any federal/state credits) using the 20% off... couldn't be more excited and def hope California renews the $2,500 incentive!

I paid $19,500 for my Salsa red 2LT with fast charge in Oregon three weeks ago. And I overwithhold, so I can take the whole $7500 = $12K.

HINT: buy a Spark now and reduce your withholding for the rest of the year to ensure that you can take the whole tax credit...

I bought a new 2016 Spark EV 1LT with DCFC last month. The total out the door including tax, iicense, delivery, everything was $21,600. After $7500 federal tax credit and $2500 from CA (once they renew the rebate) this means my out of pocket is $11,600.

There are still a couple months to go on the lease for my 2014 Spark EV so now I have two, a bit like one of those guys with seven Corvairs in the yard. But, I was considering buying the 2014 at the end of the lease for $13k-ish + tax, so getting a new car (plus fast charge) for a few thousand less seemed too good to pass up. The last car I bought for less was a Honda Civic. In 1989.

I considered leasing ($2500 down + 35*$79 OTD!), but in three years I'll still want a Spark EV or similar car and they may not be giving them away then. I'll probably keep this one until it needs the 96000 mile service (change the differential oil, heh). Factoring in the cost of two additional lease terms at more normal rates it is cheaper to purchase and any resale value above zero is gravy.

Isn't the $7500 Federal tax credit deducted from your total tax liability, which is the tax after subtracting other credits and before subtracting any amounts withheld or payments made? That doesn't mean you'd need to reduce withholding. You'd just get a bigger refund not reducing withholding.

Sales of fuel efficient cars and EVs will continue slow, with the lower fuel prices. The 20% off will come around again before the end of the year. The Chevy dealer that sold me a Spark was willing to knock off additional $$ beyond the 20% off. :)

Back