Value of used Spark?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxman

With new cars going for $10-15k depending on credits, what's a used 2015 worth with 15,000 miles and DCFC?
Does the warranty start date mean much for resale value? Some 2015s might be over two years old, others might be less than a year old.

Anybody else think it might drop another thousand or two in the next couple of months as Bolts get all the attention?
I don't think used values are going to bounce back when the last of the new Sparks are gone, being they're first generation and the Bolt is a quantum leap forward in some ways.

Taxman said:
With new cars going for $10-15k depending on credits, what's a used 2015 worth with 15,000 miles and DCFC?
Does the warranty start date mean much for resale value? Some 2015s might be over two years old, others might be less than a year old.

Anybody else think it might drop another thousand or two in the next couple of months as Bolts get all the attention?
I don't think used values are going to bounce back when the last of the new Sparks are gone, being they're first generation and the Bolt is a quantum leap forward in some ways.
I too am curious about the price of used Spark EVs. Therefore, I monitor the prices using www.cargurus.com.

But Cargurus just has advertised prices, not sales history, right?

Anyway, the answer to my original question is probably "a lot less than I thought", because the dealer bought it from GM with a lemon-branded title this week.

I think I should go back to looking for the best possible deal on the few remaining new cars instead of driving to another state to buy an ex-lemon.

Taxman said:
.... the answer to my original question is probably "a lot less than I thought", because the dealer bought it from GM with a lemon-branded title this week.
My '14 Spark EV was a "Branded Title" and it was a fabulous bargain.
It had ~3500 miles on it and all the remaining warranty was intact. The 3 yr. Onstar and XM subscription was reset to zero. My insurance doesn't care about the Branded Title.
Financing took one hoop to jump through: My Credit Union would not lend on it, so I went with financing the dealer offered for 1.75% higher. Then months later I was on the phone with the CU and the agent said to bring by the registration for the Spark and they decided to offer me financing after all! The transition saved a nice chunk !

Anyways,,,, You can get the full history of WHY a car was "Bought Back" by GM. It sounds like mine let the original owner down one time, it was in the shop for ~1 week, (slacker techs working on it?).
The Buy Back paper work used the words "Customer Satisfaction". I doubt if this car was even a legal Lemon in the state of Ca.

Some people hear the word Lemon and can't get away fast enough! Car's don't have evil spirits. They're just a collection of nuts and bolts and sheet metal,, (and a big-ass battery!)

This car has been rock solid for almost 1.5 years / ~22k miles.
It has been to the dealer twice: once for the original safety inspection to tag it, and just recently for the brake light and air bag SW updates.
And thanks to free public charging this car is now $650 cheaper than my purchase price, (which wasn't much!!). This is if I bought all the electrons at home.

Here's my Chargepoint data:
Energy (kWh)

GHG savings (kg)

Total Charge Ups

Edit: One of the L2's I use daily thru the week is not 'networked' some of the time. I have many days just missing from my usage data. So I saved even more than if I had to charge at home!

NORTON said:
Taxman said:
.... the answer to my original question is probably "a lot less than I thought", because the dealer bought it from GM with a lemon-branded title this week.
My '14 Spark EV was a "Branded Title" and it was a fabulous bargain.
It had ~3500 miles on it and all the remaining warranty was intact. The 3 yr. Onstar and XM subscription was reset to zero. My insurance doesn't care about the Branded Title.
Financing took one hoop to jump through: My Credit Union would not lend on it, so I went with financing the dealer offered for 1.75% higher. Then months later I was on the phone with the CU and the agent said to bring by the registration for the Spark and they decided to offer me financing after all! The transition saved a nice chunk !

Anyways,,,, You can get the full history of WHY a car was "Bought Back" by GM. It sounds like mine let the original owner down one time, it was in the shop for ~1 week, (slacker techs working on it?).
The Buy Back paper work used the words "Customer Satisfaction". I doubt if this car was even a legal Lemon in the state of Ca.

Some people hear the word Lemon and can't get away fast enough! Car's don't have evil spirits. They're just a collection of nuts and bolts and sheet metal,, (and a big-ass battery!)

This car has been rock solid for almost 1.5 years / ~22k miles.
It has been to the dealer twice: once for the original safety inspection to tag it, and just recently for the brake light and air bag SW updates.
And thanks to free public charging this car is now $650 cheaper than my purchase price, (which wasn't much!!). This is if I bought all the electrons at home.

Here's my Chargepoint data:
Energy (kWh)

GHG savings (kg)

Total Charge Ups

Edit: One of the L2's I use daily thru the week is not 'networked' some of the time. I have many days just missing from my usage data. So I saved even more than if I had to charge at home!

I'd love to know what kind of deal you got on this one with the branded title. I came across a few while looking myself and have always been told to stay away from them!

I'm also curious where one would buy a "Lemon Law" Buyback Spark EV. Where are they listed? I remember a few months ago my co-worker bought a Lemon-law buy back Fiat 500e on Carfax website for a great price. I don't see the Fiat or Spark EV Lemon-law cars anymore on that site.

Firemom233 said:
I'd love to know what kind of deal you got on this one with the branded title. I came across a few while looking myself and have always been told to stay away from them!
Well, almost 2 yrs ago I found it 800 miles from home (on cars.com) for $13.5k with 3500 miles on it and it came with all the remaining warranties. (and a 'life-time' XM I was told when I tried to call them to get the Sirrius app for streaming from my phone ! Don't tell...)
I just ran out of the 3yr/36k B2B warranty as the warranties began when it was originally purchased in Ca. I got to see all the paper work on the buy back.
It said it was a buy back, (not an actual 'Lemon Law' deal), due to "Customer Satisfaction", whatever that means. It had a break down for the original owner, I saw.

As far as I know these cars are then sold at auctions where only dealers/wholesalers can buy them. Gad knows what mine sold for at auction... But it was then shipped with a truck load of other auction cars to a dealer in Ohio that likes to buy these cars.
Then I played it cool and eventually got the dealer down to the price I paid. It then cost me 2 days of my life, fuel for a borrowed SUV and a $125 one-way Uhaul dolly rental to get it home.

The car has been flawless since then !! I took it to my Chevy dealer once to get it 'state inspected' to get it tagged. Then later I took it in for a free SW upgrade.
They gave me a loaner Volt for the day and now my Spark brake lights come on at a newer deceleration rate when driving in L. I don't like driving in L,, so whatever.... :cool:

People that are afraid of "Lemon Law" cars must believe in ghosts, or something. :twisted: :roll:
I'm pretty sure cars are just a collection of nuts, bolts, sheet metal, wires, etc, and with this one,,, a Big Ass Battery!! ;)

1800sss said:
I'm also curious where one would buy a "Lemon Law" Buyback Spark EV. Where are they listed? I remember a few months ago my co-worker bought a Lemon-law buy back Fiat 500e on Carfax website for a great price. I don't see the Fiat or Spark EV Lemon-law cars anymore on that site.

I actually found a few during my recent search. One dealership in Maryland I believe it was had like three on their lot.

NORTON said:
The car has been flawless since then !! I took it to my Chevy dealer once to get it 'state inspected' to get it tagged. Then later I took it in for a free SW upgrade. )

What's the SW upgrade please?

Also, I take it you got it for even less than that listed $13,500 huh?

Back