US Bank lease return excess damage charges

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkieVee

I thought I'd warn those of you with US Bank leases about to end, if you're planning to have any repairs made for the excess wear and tear, make sure you get good receipts. They will not accept photographs. Or make them inspect the car again before you turn it in, because they will not look at it again once you drop it off at a dealer. It just goes straight to auction.

A month ago I returned my 2014 Spark EV lease. Before the lease ended they sent someone to inspect the car and I got a statement of damages. Most were within the normal wear and tear, but two, scrapes to the bottom of the front bumper (from steep driveway entrances and parking curbs) and a scrape on a wheel were deemed excessive, with a repair charge of $125 each.

When I returned the car, I bought a new 2016 and had them swap the front wheels (the 2014 had newish, better-than-stock tires) between the cars so I'd have better front tires on the new car and avoid the $125 charge for the scraped wheel.

Three days ago I got a bill in the mail from US Bank for the full $250, plus tax. After several phone calls, including going back to the dealer for a better receipt, I finally got US Bank to drop that part of the charge.

Back