Can you know if a Spark EV has a fastcharge option from VIN?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkArizona

Hello Everyone! I have been looking for a Used Spark EV with fast charge option for weeks but with no luck! Everytime I call a dealer asking them if the spark they have has the option I get no answer or them not knowing about what a fast charge is! I have read in this blog that i have to look at the charge port, so does this mean that i have to go and check every car's charge port to know ? Is there any other way to know since i may be looking for a spark out of state ?

Thank you all and hope someone may have an answer :)

I feel your pain. I was in the same boat when I was shopping for one.

My advice is: Xnay on the Ast Fay Ar Chay. You don't want to tell those dogs their Spark EV has the $750 optional DCFC.
I was asking the salesdogs to send me a picture of the charge port, with the door open.. (I had to add that for one guy). Another sent me a link to google images of the port....

You can visit your local Chevy dealer with a dozen quality donuts and the VIN of the cars you are interested in.
There is a 3 letter identifier for this option. I don't know how to find what that is.
Hopefully the dealer can find that, and then show you the original paper work for the cars.

Good luck, you won't be sorry !!
I towed mine home 800 miles on a one way rented dolly.

NORTON said:
I feel your pain. I was in the same boat when I was shopping for one.

My advice is: Xnay on the Ast Fay Ar Chay. You don't want to tell those dogs their Spark EV has the $750 optional DCFC.
I was asking the salesdogs to send me a picture of the charge port, with the door open.. (I had to add that for one guy). Another sent me a link to google images of the port....

You can visit your local Chevy dealer with a dozen quality donuts and the VIN of the cars you are interested in.
There is a 3 letter identifier for this option. I don't know how to find what that is.
Hopefully the dealer can find that, and then show you the original paper work for the cars.

Good luck, you won't be sorry !!
I towed mine home 800 miles on a one way rented dolly.

Thank you Norton for your reply !

I will do that and keep looking for the one I want. I have been in love with the idea of EV this year and I have done my research and figured that Spark EV is the perfect car for my budget. Thank you again and I will let you know once i get it :)

Yes you can. You have to call chevrolet's ev division. i just happen to have the number since i called them this week to see if a bunch of 2014's on carmax had the fast provisions. call 1-855-477-2754. give them the vin

evboy said:
Yes you can. You have to call chevrolet's ev division. i just happen to have the number since i called them this week to see if a bunch of 2014's on carmax had the fast provisions. call 1-855-477-2754. give them the vin

Thank you sir! I have kind of made my mind on getting one without the fast charge option. There are only 8 cars available in Arizona and none with the fast charge. Plus I rarely drive more than 80 miles a day and I have a second car that will do the job. I think that ill get a certified pre-owned spark with an extended warranty to cover myself. Thanks a lot

Make sure you find out *exactly* what the extended warranty covers in regard to the battery, and what 'status/state' of the battery would trigger a replacement. Also, if you would get a new or 'refurbished' battery pack (they might just replace the worst two or three units, bringing you back up to, say, 90% of new - Nissan does that for the LEAF).

SparkE said:
Make sure you find out *exactly* what the extended warranty covers in regard to the battery, and what 'status/state' of the battery would trigger a replacement. Also, if you would get a new or 'refurbished' battery pack (they might just replace the worst two or three units, bringing you back up to, say, 90% of new - Nissan does that for the LEAF).
Before purchasing, check out the Limited Warranty and Owner Assistance Information book that came with the car. The electric propulsion warranty covers for 8 years or 100K miles. This includes the HV battery. You may want to check with your Chevy dealer to make sure the warranty will be in effect for the vehicle you are considering.

Like Morgan said, CPO might be quite pointless, like it is with a Leaf.
The expensive bits are warranted for 96mo/100k, and I doubt the CPO (often 12mo/12k from used purchase date) goes beyond that.

Back