No deal

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marktime

I tried to get a quote to purchase my Spark Walt from the bank as the lease is up in Dec. They told me that they were not excepting bids on this car at this time. WTF?

I'm certain you can find a better deal elsewhere, I'm a family owned dealer in Orlando and can get one with 41k miles for $8k

I tried to get a quote to purchase my Spark Walt from the bank as the lease is up in Dec. They told me that they were not excepting bids on this car at this time. WTF?
While it's true that leasing is a form of renting, most leasing companies sell returned cars at auction or to the "leasing dealership" at a cost lower than retail prices. I find it surprising that they wouldn't even entertain an offer.

Who is your leaseholder?

Both of us own our cars outright, bought from out of state and shipped to us, he is in midwest, I'm in florida.

Chevy was giving these cars away in +or- Jan '16, so in +or- Jan '19 most dealerships will be way overstocked with lease returns and more than likely happy to deal. I was in my dealership for the software recall a few weeks ago and sat in a new Bolt. Talked to a fairly informed salesperson and probed for a deal. They talked like they would be more than happy to take back my lease return when it is up. I asked if that would be the case in Jan 2019, when Tesla is pumping out Model 3's (hopefully) and GM dealerships are fully stocked with Bolts. The salesperson immediately took on a defensive posture, indicating to me that my point is valid. Dealerships are not going to want to have lots packed with old, obsolete Spark EV's when they are going to be desperate to sell Bolts. But I realize that if your lease is expiring now or in a month or two, your situation could be different. Good luck, everyone!!!

I may look for a 2016 lease return in 2018-2019. By then my wife will most likely be in love with my 2014!

Back