Search Engine for EVs? (Want to Buy Spark EV)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

After attending the canceled Drive Electric event here in Austin, I think I would like to purchase a Spark EV as a second car rather than waiting additional years for a future model EV that checks all my boxes. I am having trouble finding a search engine site for cars that actually includes the ability to EASILY find one with DC quick charging since none of the ones I tired have any options for searching for EV features. This is not a deal breaker, but I thought having this feature would allow me to use the EV more frequently since there is a bit of sprawl in the Austin metro area.

Is there a site I am overlooking that would let me find a Spark EV with a DC quick charger?

It's been my experience that the dealers don't have a clue.

And you don't want to point out that there is a $750 option for DCFC.

You need to slyly ask for a picture of the open charge port door,,, of the actual car they are selling.

XNAY the talk of optional fastcharge DC-ay.

And as always,, these guys are dogs. Do not believe anything they tell you.

Good luck, you won't be sorry!

I agree with Norton. Additionally, apparently using GM's online chat and giving a them the vin and asking if the vehicle has the "fast charge provision" option. I called before buying mine, and had to give them all my information (name, address, email, hair sample, right kidney, etc) for them to grant me the info.

I had an okay experience buying from Carvana (still leaps and bounds better than a dealership). They often don't photograph the charge port, however, they now list "fast charge provisions" under vehicle options now. Additionally, you can often use their 360° outside vehicle view with doors open, and just barely see the orange dcfc cables.

The Spark EV (& used EVs in general) is an excellent choice for a family's second car.

002BuVr.jpg

Lx0tFot.jpg

Back