lease end return with bald front tires

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

i wonder if anyone know how much chevy charges for the bald tires replacement? on my previous Fiat 500e lease return, they charged $100 per tire, which is not bad given the fact i have to buy tire, mount n balance.....

mike

usually that stuff is spelled out on your lease agreement (the fees for if this or that) so I suggest you look that up.

You can probably buy 2 front tires AND pay for mounting and balancing for less than $100 per tire though... ... just sayin.

just returned an Acura lease with all 4 tires in need of replacement. Acura wanted $600 for the set, onlinetires.com (it's local to us so no shipping) has them for about $50 each plus about $20 each for mounting and balancing at the nearest American Tires center. i know it's not a Spark but the parallel is that all manufacturers overcharge you for anything they have to do, so just do it yourself and save a bundle.

dds02400 said:
i wonder if anyone know how much chevy charges for the bald tires replacement? on my previous Fiat 500e lease return, they charged $100 per tire, which is not bad given the fact i have to buy tire, mount n balance.....

mike

With my lease, it was possible to do a "pre-lease return eval" about a month or 6 weeks before it was due. They then tell you how they are going to screw you ... I mean, let you know what fees you will be charged. You can then decide if it makes sense for you to get new tires before returning the car.

I have a set of stock tires with 9,000 miles on them I'm willing to sell local (LA) for $100

SparkE said:
With my lease, it was possible to do a "pre-lease return eval" about a month or 6 weeks before it was due. They then tell you how they are going to screw you ... I mean, let you know what fees you will be charged. You can then decide if it makes sense for you to get new tires before returning the car.
If you go this route, make sure you document what work was done. For me (and in general I presume), they didn't do a post-return inspection and just sent me the bill for what they found at the pre-return inspection. I had to send receipts to prove that I'd had the work done.

For those in NorCal, I have a set of stock tires with 9k as well, cheap. Took them off to upgrade the tires, and now I've returned the car at lease end, so no need for them.

Back