Vehicle history

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azdave

Is it possible to see the vehicle history if I have the vin ? If so how do I go about it?

azdave said:
Is it possible to see the vehicle history if I have the vin ? If so how do I go about it?
I would think your local Chevy dealer should be able to bring up you car's service history. There may even be a service recall or bulletin that needs to be addressed.

paying for a carfax will actually show dealer reported maintenance performed (or any warranty work) ..the carfax on my CPO Spark EV even shows when the dealer replaced all 4 tires in 2018

Thank you for the information. I looked at several that were for sale and they all included a Carfax report. In one case the car had been in a accident and another the car had less than 3000 miles but there were several componets replaced near the time that the lease was ended which is good to know. In atleast two cases the oil and filter had been replaced !! . The carfax is helpful.

azdave said:
Thank you for the information. I looked at several that were for sale and they all included a Carfax report. In one case the car had been in a accident and another the car had less than 3000 miles but there were several componets replaced near the time that the lease was ended which is good to know. In atleast two cases the oil and filter had been replaced !! . The carfax is helpful.

Are you referring to gasoline Chevy Spark? Because the Spark EV doesn't have any scheduled maintenance on oil changes nor oil filters.. Especially under 3,000 miles :shock:

I was just pointing out what I assume was a error on the part of the person entering the information. Possibly cutting and pasting.

When I was looking for a Spark EV to replace my old Buick Century, I found a few I liked on Carvana, so I copied the VINs and brought them to the Chevy dealer where I bought my Volt. They narrowed it down to the white one I bought. Other than the 4 updates they all seem to have, the car had absolutely no issues. The Carfax also agreed with that. It is so clean, that when I brought it to work, everyone thought I just bought it off the showroom floor.

Carfax on my recent Spark EV private purchase was uneventful .

No maintenance entered - Though my mechanic said front brakes had been done recently
No accidents
And for an extra $15 no lien

Asked at bank - they can't do a lien check for a client

So $62 taxes included - online

Back