No Longer an Outsider

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xylhim

Well, today I finally pulled the trigger on the 2LT w/ DCFS option. My first new car, and what a thrill it is to have it! Now I can finally comment on the Spark from the perspective of an owner as opposed to spectator. :lol:

Brought back to the dusty high desert of California and blown away by the range so far. I went about 51 miles and had to gain about 3000 ft. going up the Cajon pass, and still had 28 miles left, with potentially up to 33 more. I'm glad elevational gains aren't decreasing range as much as I thought, as mountainous journeys are a must in So. Cal!
Spark%20EV.jpg

Congratulations on joining the ranks of us EV drivers. It was my first new car as well. I've always had older inexpensive cars before my EV.

Thanks! Yeah ive been driving a beatup mazda pickup for the last nine years; never thought I'd drive anything new.

Ha ha, for me: '91 Nissan Sentra, '97 Geo Metro, and '00 Mazda Protege. :D

There's nothing quite like a new car, especially if it's an EV.

Congrats! Looks like yours is a twin of mine...white, 2LT, with DC fast charging.

Did you purchase or lease? Welcome to the fold!

Bryce

I wound up leasing. I co-signed with my mom (I have no credit established), and the payments for buying would have been steep. Little disappointed I couldn't buy, but I'll take the money I saved upfront and invest it in Tesla stock. *crossing fingers for model E in three years*. :lol:

xylhim said:
Well, today I finally pulled the trigger on the 2LT w/ DCFS option. My first new car, and what a thrill it is to have it! Now I can finally comment on the Spark from the perspective of an owner as opposed to spectator. :lol:

Brought back to the dusty high desert of California and blown away by the range so far. I went about 51 miles and had to gain about 3000 ft. going up the Cajon pass, and still had 28 miles left, with potentially up to 33 more. I'm glad elevational gains aren't decreasing range as much as I thought, as mountainous journeys are a must in So. Cal!

Sweet colour! This was my first choice which I should have stuck with. Ended buying the gray myself. Wife has a white car so I figured something different would be fitting.

Back