Totalled Spark EV at George Chevrolet

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeChevy

Sometimes we get total loss vehicles towed to our dealer (Not sure why, but a few months back we had a new Stingray that was a total loss towed to our dealer).

Today, this came in. Has custom decals and blacked out badging, was this anyone's car? Front airbags were deployed.

WCg5qAal.jpg

Pt1vyStl.jpg

MXB5GAMl.jpg

A20KKQ0l.jpg

nj2Jx1cl.jpg

1feR4yAl.jpg

gra said:
At least from the damage visible in the pictures, I wouldn't have thought it was totaled.
To me, if it's not there, it's pretty close to the threshold. Both airbags are blown. I'd guess at least $10K of repairs, maybe $15K or more...

I'd sure like to know how much of a hit it took. It looks as if it held up well but without any details one can't tell. At least going from the passenger compartment photos I'd doubt that there were any serious injuries.

Once you've been hit head on at speed you understand what's important and it ain't the car.

Putting down the paper floor mats on a totaled car was a nice touch.

Nashco said:
Does the car have the DC charge port? Hard to tell in the pictures, but it looks like it does not.

Bryce

No DC port. Probably an early car.

emv said:
Putting down the paper floor mats on a totaled car was a nice touch.

We take our customer service very seriously! :D It's standard procedure when we get a car in service.

Also notice the knee airbags deployed as well, I would say the airbags are probably a big reason why it's totaled.

Hi - that sounds like my car. Had an intersection accident caused by somebody running the red light turning arrow.
Left and front end damage. Decals say "Zap ON" - right?
I was surprised that they totaled it, but I assume nobody knows how to fix these vehicles efficiently yet and
the biggest problem is the multitude of exploded airbags that would have to be fixed to make it roadworthy again
even with a salvaged title. Also, who knows the state of the electrical system at this point - leaking cells, cooling setup
broken, inverter - electrical engine etc.

What do you guys do with this car now - if I might ask? :?:

^^^Sorry about the car. If you're not at fault, it's almost always better to be totalled than to have to live with the leftovers.

Yeah. Let us know where the car ends up, please.

LA4Mike,

Yes, it's your car with the "Zap ON" decals and I hope you are OK!

I also had my Spark EV totaled a few months back, but insurance cut me a nice fat check and I got another one with the DC fast charge port!

Not sure what they're going to do with the car, usually they will tow it to a salvage lot. It's still here though.

I had a look underneath the hood and it looked like a radiator and some other items were damaged, but the airbag deployment is probably the main reason behind the total loss.

Back