My new (used 2014 spark ev)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitechman47

23644443174_5f52f8b6f7_b.jpg
[/url]sparkrr1 by David Roberts, on Flickr[/img]
I bought a 2014 SparkEV- 4 days after I got it home I finished the following;
Carbon fiber wrap- hood, blue door inserts, blue dash inserts and the chrome above the rear license plate and door handles.
Plastidip black the front grills, wheels and the chrome window molding.
I would say it looks so much better!
Enjoying driving while the weather is not snowy.... Im in Michigan, bought it in Cali and shipped it here last week.
More mods to come- suspension/wheels, etc
Tried to attach a picture, don't know if it worked.

Fixed that for you. Black stock wheels look better than I'd expect. Reminds me of the KBR Spark:

http://m.autoevolution.com/chevrolet-spark-tuned-by-kbr-photo-gallery-47105.html

Might look good in combination with this EV graphic on the side?

http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3747

Can you share some more pictures of the other wrapped areas, especially the interior? Did you do the wrapping or pay to have it done?

Welcome to the club!

Bryce

I already ordered the EV sticker for the lower door. All the wrapping was done by myself, I have a lot of experience wrapping this material at work so I would not recommend anyone to try the hood themselves as I almost had to trash the first piece getting the front negative corners to go down without ripples.
All the blue areas are also wrapped carbon, except the lower door, where Im going to paint.
Every time I drive I enjoy not looking at the blue painted parts anymore!
Cr2QnF

mitechman47 said:
[/url]sparkrr1 by David Roberts, on Flickr[/img]
I bought a 2014 SparkEV- 4 days after I got it home I finished the following;
Carbon fiber wrap- hood, blue door inserts, blue dash inserts and the chrome above the rear license plate and door handles.
Plastidip black the front grills, wheels and the chrome window molding.
I would say it looks so much better!
Enjoying driving while the weather is not snowy.... Im in Michigan, bought it in Cali and shipped it here last week.
More mods to come- suspension/wheels, etc
Tried to attach a picture, don't know if it worked.

What tail lights are those?

I bought the LED tail lights on EBAY for the spark/matiz- shipped from china in just over a week. There are some cheaper options also but I did not want to open the stock housings to insert LED units and it would still use the ugly chrome housing.
Why would GM put the ugly ones with normal light bulbs in an EV? I would say cost savings, the LEDs really make the rear look upscale.

mitechman47 said:
I bought the LED tail lights on EBAY for the spark/matiz- shipped from china in just over a week. There are some cheaper options also but I did not want to open the stock housings to insert LED units and it would still use the ugly chrome housing.
Why would GM put the ugly ones with normal light bulbs in an EV? I would say cost savings, the LEDs really make the rear look upscale.
Any rewriring involved? Do the turn signals flash fast? Any more pics? Thanks!

The plug is different from the US spark but I cut off the stock plug and wired it to the LED lights- all the wires are the same colors so very easy. As for the blinking speed, same as stock, you would never know the lights were changed.

mitechman47 said:
The plug is different from the US spark but I cut off the stock plug and wired it to the LED lights- all the wires are the same colors so very easy. As for the blinking speed, same as stock, you would never know the lights were changed.

Got a link to the ebay item?

Also, can you write-up your protocol for grafting the wiring to the Spark EV?

Thanks! Looks cool!

-Bob K.

They look awesome!
Only no pic or mention of how effective the reverse lights are.
I upgraded my stock reverse bulbs to powerful LED's. I need decent reverse lights.

They are too much $$ for the flash, for me...
Now maybe if I get in a wreck and have to replace a stock tail light assembly anyway .....

I'd appreciate if you put some details in the "modifications" section so others can find out how you did your lowering and what you think of it. I get a lot of questions on mine, but since mine was pretty involved and more focused on racing than appearance it's a bit overkill and intimidating for most.

I like the highlighted "EV" on the bottom of the rear bumper, I might copycat that if I get bored.

Bryce

Back