Oops.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkE

Sigh. :eek: I knew there was a downside to letting my wife drive the car ...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Argh. Hope injuries were limited to the inanimate participants. Looks like the little Spark gave itself up well to protect the cabin.

Will you be looking for another Spark EV, or something different this time?

Condolences for the loss,

Joe M in WV

I'm not sure if it's a total write-off or not, yet. IF there's no structural damage (it's just external plastic & sheet metal & radiator, etc.) - it could be fixed for a couple or 3 thousand. I'm waiting for the estimate.

I had thought that I'd get stuck with a LEAF (I will definitely be buying another EV) - LEAF prices were at about $7000 (for 2013s), and Spark EV prices were around $10-11K (for 2014s) last year.

I was shocked to learn that Spark EV prices have dropped, and that the 2015s are starting to glut (the latter makes sense, as the 2015 lease returns should be hitting the market over the next 6-9 months). So I'd get another Spark. Sure, they cost more, but I like them more - and it's no longer a 4K difference.

MAYBE I will have parts available from this WHITE 2016 Spark EV : everything, including the battery pack (about 17.5-18 kWh, according to most recent informal test) - EXCEPT anything attached to the first 12 inches or so of the vehicle. :( .

I say maybe , because I haven't heard from my insurer yet whether or not the vehicle will be writen off.

In the case the insurer writes off the vehicle, I'd hate to see this vehicle go to the car-cruncher before it's useful parts give other vehicles a second life. So seats, mirrors, wheels/tires, battery pack, windows, doors, etc. *might* be available. Maybe you want a set of "acceptable tires" when you lease return (instead of buying 4 new ones for $900) - my tires still have about half their tread - or you want to be able to have two sets - summer and winter (grippy) - so another set of wheels/rims would be useful.

I live in the south SF bay area (near San Jose, CA).

I'm just wondering if anyone might be interested.

I actually really want a funky part.. its a silver under window trim piece on the left (driver side) rear door). Its only on the Spark EV from what I can tell (on ICE Spark its just black). ...although I'm not sure how willing you would be to remove it and ship it to me in Chicago :( ...my guess it would fit in a poster roll or USPS poster triangle box.

Dang..

Sorry, but,,

I want to buy it!

What a project car. Repair, or turn into a parts car, for a 3 wheel roadster !

NORTON said:
Dang..

Sorry, but,,

I want to buy it!

What a project car. Repair, or turn into a parts car, for a 3 wheel roadster !

I *almost* bought it back as scrap/totaled, but I simply had no place to store it. I think that the battery pack would have made a great battery backup (project) for my solar.

I have a white 2014 spark EV that my wife wrecked. Still sitting in my garage. I'm open to offers. I had started to collect repair parts but....

I would be interested in buying all the fast charge components and the "automatic transmission" of a 2015 or 2016

PM me

Back