Spark EV parts available - maybe

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkE

MAYBE I will have parts available from a 2016 Spark EV : everything, including the battery pack (about 17.5-18 kWh, according to most recent informal test) - EXCEPT anything attached to the first 12 inches or so of the vehicle. :( .

I say maybe , because I haven't heard from my insurer yet whether or not the vehicle will be written off.

In the case the insurer writes off the vehicle, I'd hate to see this vehicle go to the car-cruncher before its useful parts give other vehicles a second life. So seats, mirrors, wheels/tires, battery pack, windows, doors, etc. *might* be available. Maybe you want a set of "acceptable tires" when you lease return (instead of buying 4 new ones for $900) - my tires still have about half their tread - or you want to be able to have two sets - summer and winter (grippy) - so another set of wheels/rims would be useful.

I live in the south SF bay area (near San Jose, CA).

I'm just wondering if anyone might be interested.

SparkE said:
MAYBE I will have parts available from a 2016 Spark EV : everything, including the battery pack (about 17.5-18 kWh, according to most recent informal test) - EXCEPT anything attached to the first 12 inches or so of the vehicle. :( .

I say maybe , because I haven't heard from my insurer yet whether or not the vehicle will be writen off.

In the case the insurer writes off the vehicle, I'd hate to see this vehicle go to the car-cruncher before it's useful parts give other vehicles a second life. So seats, mirrors, wheels/tires, battery pack, windows, doors, etc. *might* be available. Maybe you want a set of "acceptable tires" when you lease return (instead of buying 4 new ones for $900) - my tires still have about half their tread - or you want to be able to have two sets - summer and winter (grippy) - so another set of wheels/rims would be useful.

I live in the south SF bay area (near San Jose, CA).

I'm just wondering if anyone might be interested.

SparkE

check copart.com ... this is one of a couple likely places your vehicle will go if it is deemed a total loss by the insurance company. They tend to be very hard about a person keeping their car when they pay for a total loss. Right now there is one 2016 spark EVs waiting for its day on the auction block. There is an online 'bid' ... the actual sale is at a live auction where the company enters this (or other bids). In any case it will be purchased by someone who probably wants the battery and will likely pay something 2,000 for the whole car ... and will rebuild it and sell it with its salvage title for $5-6,000. This one looked like it tool a bigger hit than yours.

neomaxcom

PS: FYI, written has two t's.

Back