How to crash your Center Console

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genosensor

Here's how to totally lock up your center display (multimedia, climate control, etc.)

1) Pair a bluetooth android smart phone
2) Select the phone screen on the center console
3) Try to select a number from your phone directory by searching for it by name
(note that scrolling through the contact list works fine. Only search is broken)

The only way I've found to recover is to shut the car off for a while.
Long enough for the main computer to cut power to the infotainment system, forcing it to reboot on the next drive cycle.

Anyone else have this issue?

Have there been any firmware updates to fix this?

I've had a lot of issues when pairing my bluetooth and then attempting to call. Sometimes it'll randomly disconnect the bluetooth. Other times it will freeze the screen on the phone area and I can't go to any of the multimedia. I did a reset by taking the negative off the car battery for a few minutes and haven't had as many problems since. I will ask if there's a firmware update next time soon when I go in for servicing (7500 mile)

I might have had something like this happen for the first time yesterday. I'm at approximately 2500 miles and I was unable to change my volume and most of the screen was unresponsive yesterday. After powering off on the side of the road for approximately 5-10 minutes, I was able to turn it on again with the MyLink boot screen. After that everything was working fine. If I tried to turn it on any sooner it would not work.

Very rarely my climate control 'header popup' display does not show what is commanded. The popup fields stay the same but the fan speeds can be changed, for example.
A quick reboot of the car at a stop light gets it working again.

Back