New tire balancing

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSW

I just got 2 new tires on the front of my spark, bridgestone ep422, and they used 2.5oz of wheel weights on each wheel. The strip of stick-on wheel weights is like 4-5 inches long. This seems excessive to me. These are not cheap tires. Americas tire did the balancing and they use the road force balancers. The wheels from the factory had much, much less weights on them, like only 1/4 ounce or even almost no weights to balance them. What gives?? I even asked them to do a match-mount and they acted like they did not know what I was talking about.......

CSW said:
I just got 2 new tires on the front of my spark, bridgestone ep422, and they used 2.5oz of wheel weights on each wheel. The strip of stick-on wheel weights is like 4-5 inches long. This seems excessive to me. These are not cheap tires. Americas tire did the balancing and they use the road force balancers. The wheels from the factory had much, much less weights on them, like only 1/4 ounce or even almost no weights to balance them. What gives?? I even asked them to do a match-mount and they acted like they did not know what I was talking about.......
In March of this year I had the same tires installed on my 2014 Spark EV. Your post prompted me to go out and look at my front tires. Yep! I have the same "pile of weights" on the inside of the rim. But... I have not had any problems with ride, noise or performance and my GOM range is still running 95 - 100 miles. I think these tires are great for the way I drive and I will soon be installing these same tires on the front of my 2016 Spark EV.

Back