Sparkzilla

Spark EV Battery-Control Unit

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:20 pm

Has any one ever experience these parts leaking coolant? I've called the dealership and apparently you have to buy the whole thing to replace just those parts!! Craziness! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh its for a 2016 Spark EV

MrDRMorgan

Re: Spark EV Battery-Control Unit

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Sparkzilla wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:20 pm
Has any one ever experience these parts leaking coolant? I've called the dealership and apparently you have to buy the whole thing to replace just those parts!! Craziness! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh its for a 2016 Spark EV

Check and see if this is covered by the warranty. Seems to me that is should be covered.

SparkE

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:06 am

It sure sounds like the "Battery-Control Unit" is part of the "battery" system, and should be covered by the warranty.

Personally, I would contact GM and NOT ask *if* it is covered, but how you need to proceed to make sure there are no hickups in getting a warranty replacement.

MrDRMorgan

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:42 am

SparkE wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:06 am
It sure sounds like the "Battery-Control Unit" is part of the "battery" system, and should be covered by the warranty.

Personally, I would contact GM and NOT ask *if* it is covered, but how you need to proceed to make sure there are no hickups in getting a warranty replacement.
Make sure the dealer you select has technicians trained to service Chevy EV electronics - especially the HV battery components and wiring. 400 VDC can be deadly if not handled correctly.

Return to “Engineering and Features”