Exclamation Point Icon when trying to charge

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sutteyo

Well, I have had my Spark for a few days ago. This morning I tried to charge it so we could go on a little trip this afternoon. I had no problem charging it the first day, and not doing anything different now.

But the oarnge light on the dash is not turning green. It stays Oarnge until it fades away. And the display behind the steering wheel says the cord is connected, but there is an little exclamation point.

The owner's manual doesn't address this as far as I can tell. Its plugged in, connected, but no charging.

Any ideas??

Sutteyo said:
Any ideas??

It sounds as though the negotiation between your EVSE and the charger electronics in the car is failing.

Usually you should be able to force a charge by plugging in, unplugging, then plugging in again immediately. But in your case that seems not to be working.

Be sure you are seating the connector to the car firmly.

Sutteyo said:
Well, I have had my Spark for a few days ago. This morning I tried to charge it so we could go on a little trip this afternoon. I had no problem charging it the first day, and not doing anything different now.

But the orange light on the dash is not turning green. It stays Orange until it fades away. And the display behind the steering wheel says the cord is connected, but there is an little exclamation point.

The owner's manual doesn't address this as far as I can tell. Its plugged in, connected, but no charging.

Any ideas??
That happened to my wife the first time she plugged in. I had been using the old Volt EVSE for a few months, but when she started driving it we swapped spaces so she could use the AV EVSE. That one has a sort of stiff feel when inserting the J-plug and she found that it did not fully seat without using a bit more force than she was used to with the Volt.

I remember the Volt felt stiff when we first started using the AV EVSE 3 years back, I guess it wasn't the J-plug that wore in...

Anyway, make sue you get the plug in solid till it clicks.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

I decided not to worry about the situation and tried it again several hours later and it worked fine. Not sure what I was doing wrong the first time.

I have the Bosch charger and found that it sometimes doesn't seat properly if I hold the release button down as I plug it in. So now I just push it in until I hear the click of the release button latching. It always works then.

Back